Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front passenger upper control arm bolt

Old 05-10-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ol-arm-224727/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while wrenching on my Jeep.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Right I read that, I SWEAR IM NOT TRYING TO BE DIFFICULT haha- every other thread about this states that bolt is halfway out or says nothing about how much they loosened it. I've been through all of them at this point- multiple forums- all the google sites. I can't loosen it AT ALL. Sawzalling through the stock bushing to get to the bolt or jacking the exhaust seems to be the only way. Even then I couldn't torque the new arm/bolt with a socket and another ratchet, I'd have to use vice grips and torque from outboard. I'm never gonna have room for a socket on the inboard side and I don't have a grinder.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

UPDATE: PITA. Sawzall died, ended up hack sawing the bolt on both sides of the arm- inside the bracket. Wouldn't have been bad if I had had the visibility to ensure the cut stayed in the same place. Alls well the ends well, new arm is on with new bolts.

Quick Reply: Front passenger upper control arm bolt