Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front passenger upper control arm bolt

Old 09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just stopped by a Jeep dealer on the way home to order this bolt. Will be in tomorrow, but they are charging $10.50! I called the other dealer near by and they quoted about $5. Is there any chance these are sold in pairs and I was charged for 2 of them? Or is this parts dept just overcharging!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

dont worry WOL, im writing this one down so i dont ask the same question when i do my front uppers...LOL (im learning )
Old 09-22-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Oops, since I was stopping in on the way home and in a rush, I told the parts gut that I needed the passenger upper control arm bolt that connects to the axle and not the frame.

Are the two bolts the same, or will I be ordering a different one tomorrow? A quick look under the jeep and they seem like the same size...

Last edited by kflash; 09-22-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OBXJK
Ok, I have a new set of teraflex control arms that will be going on my JK when i get it (already on order) I didn't realize this one control arm bolt is not so easy to remove but can be done by cutting it off. But, and this may be a stupid ?, if the bolt cannot be removed without having to cut it off then how do you get the new bolt in there when you change control arms?

OBXJK
The Teraflex kit comes with a new bolt. Not sure about just control arms though.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Or you could just pull the motor mount bolt on the right and use a block of wood under the oil pan then raise the motor about an inch and pull the bolt.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

I lucked out. The bolt and nut were only $8.47. Part number for the bolt is 06104243AA.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

$12.67 for that bolt at the local dealer. un-frigg'n-believeable!!!
I read that the metric "grade 10" is the same as american "grade 8".
I may try a salvage yard, but I WILL NOT pay the stealership close to $15 for a bolt.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So my saga with this bolt continues... I would love to have the bolt out far enough where I could cut it- I have the sawzall ready! (Although someone said they took off the front end and were able to pivot the arm and get the bolt out without cutting) anyway, I can't for the life of me get a socket even in there with the exhaust. No one else seems to be commenting about this issue so is it just me??
Old 05-10-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

On my 2010 JKUS I used the jack to push the exhaust over enough for clearance to get the bolt out.

The easiest way to cut that hardened bolt is with a cutoff wheel.

Rancho supplies a new bolt with their kits for whenever removal is required.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the tip, yeah I cut one of the others with a sawzall, it'll work- I've got 2 extra shouldered bolts, I just can't loosen the bolt at all so I may end up having to cut on both sides of the bushing inside the bracket. Just trying not to damage the bracket. Everyone else just seems to be able to get the bolt out an inch or two and I have no idea how haha.

Quick Reply: Front passenger upper control arm bolt