Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Mopar Rock Bumper

Old 12-23-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Mopar Rock Bumper

Installation question. If you buy a mopar rock bumper that excepts a winch, can you install the winch after the bumper is mounted or do you have to install the winch onto the bumper before the bumper is mounted onto the Jeep.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

I have a Ramsey Pro9000 and yes you could add it to the bumper after install. It would be a little difficult, due to the winches weight, to not scratch the bumper while trying to squeeze it into place so I would suggest covering the bumper with a towel or something to protect the finish. Just watch your fingers when dropping it into the recessed mount area as it is tight. If my winch had the solenold attached on top, as some do, there would be no way you could get it in there after the bumper was installed. So it is mainly all about the size of the winch you plan using IMO.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also added my Warn 9ti Winch after installing my Mopar Front Bumper. My advice is the install the Fairlead before dropping in the the winch.

Also the fairlead bolts must be installed from inside-out with the nuts on the front outside. Other wise you wont get the Winch in.

Oh... and follow Jeep1d10t's precaution advice!

Good Luck!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:06 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M8000 installed after the bumper but x2 what Ed said about the fairlead - I had to grind one of the bolt heads a bit to get the winch to line up with the holes. Then mounted the solenoid box after the winch was in place. Also, watch that you don't scratch up the nice plastic grill.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bringing this old thread back to life since I just ordered a Warn 9.5ti for my existing Mopar bumper.

Can I remove the grill before installing the winch so I don't scratch it, and then put it back after winch is in?

Can anyone share pics and other tips?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Front Mopar Rock Bumper