Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

front left coil scraping on bolt! bang!!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front left coil scraping on bolt! bang!!

ok today I went wheeling on some serious flexing trails and kept hearing a loud BANG! metal on metal kind of sound when your heart almsot stops cause soemhing sound like it hurts....well I lookd if I compres my front left coil to bumpstop the bolt in the frame rubs against the coil . Does anyone know y
? first I thought the track bar was but really I think it the bolt on the frame inside of the coil....any help or ppl with this too?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Superman1023
ok today I went wheeling on some serious flexing trails and kept hearing a loud BANG! metal on metal kind of sound when your heart almsot stops cause soemhing sound like it hurts....well I lookd if I compres my front left coil to bumpstop the bolt in the frame rubs against the coil . Does anyone know y
? first I thought the track bar was but really I think it the bolt on the frame inside of the coil....any help or ppl with this too?
you might want to post more details about your suspension. I assume it is not 100% stock?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 AM
JK Super Freak

exact same thing for me
last weekend i was flexing a bunch and my left spring hit that sivler looking bolt on the frame
it scared me so badly, i thought something was broken but i have not done anything about it because it only happened on the trail not on the street
do you have a new track bar
Old 11-07-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got any pics of this bolt?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

yed its a bds lift it comes with a trackbar relocation bracket at the right bottom side. fornt left silver bolt yes thats the one and not on street mostly on severe flex trails.....what interesting is that I wheels tons of times and never heard it until yesterday. the other thing ive modified since before was my rear bumpstops-I added them haha. m its def the front left coil toguh rubing when bent and on compression Ill post a pic of bolt later . thanks!

Quick Reply: front left coil scraping on bolt! bang!!