Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

front hitch/support question

Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front hitch/support question

Im looking into adding a front receiver to my jk. Im getting ready for a camping trip and have 2 days to do this. In the long run I will order a front receiver but it wont be here by wed. So my question is... I have a bumper hitch receiver. Just a little 2" plate I want to secure to the front bumper. I would space down slightly tofit and add a plate to the top side to help brace. Obviously this isnt going to be sturdy enough to pull anything but wondering if it would be enough to support a cooler or a canoe rack? Metal is only c-channel and def not strong but it seems to handle me yanking on it (Im not the "lightest" individual). Worse case senerio it bends the bumper and I need a new one. I doubt it would fall off and of course I would test with my weight prior to the trip. Certainly wouldnt want to run over the beers! Input?

Quick Reply: front hitch/support question