Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front DS yoke

Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info... when I re-gear I may just ditch the dust shield on the front diff then.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got the same advice about the dust shield as well from JE Reel.

However, my front Reel 1310HD uses yokes at the pinion and the transfer case, and the transfer case yoke came with a dust shield installed!
The Reel rear 1350 came with a yoke at the pinion and a flange at the transfer case and neither have a shield.

Originally I had a very slight leak at the transfer case rear flange, but my case was overfilled from the factory significantly (not a result of leveling the chassis) and now it's usually evidence a drop gathering when I check it. Got the seal, but haven't put it in yet.

It would be helpful if Reel and Woods would at least post on their site that the JK driveshafts do not re-use the dust shields.

Quick Reply: Front DS yoke