Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Driveshafts

Old 01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Driveshafts

Anybody heard of Carolina Drive shafts or anybody running them?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

nope, but then, so long as it's balanced well, a drive shaft is pretty much a drive shaft. just make sure to have it made with quality u-joints like spicers or neapco.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank You
Old 01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I disagree. One must consider the quality of the parts used, where and how they were made, how the are attached (e.g, adapter flange?), and what kind of warranty the manufacture provides. If you are having clearance issues, then diameter size matters too. Driveshafts are no place to skimp on quality.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
I disagree. One must consider the quality of the parts used, where and how they were made, how the are attached (e.g, adapter flange?), and what kind of warranty the manufacture provides. If you are having clearance issues, then diameter size matters too. Driveshafts are no place to skimp on quality.
fair enough. i guess my point was that "most" drive shafts i have seen and or run have been made well, most come with yokes and, assuming you're getting something like a 1310, have a diameter that's narrow enough to not be a problem. i don't know anything about this company and, probably should have just recommend what i know is good out there. having said that, i personally would recommend getting tried and tested shaft like the kind coast or je reel makes. with them, you will know you are getting a quality shaft and one that uses quality u-joints and components unlike shafts made by other popular companies.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
fair enough. i guess my point was that "most" drive shafts i have seen and or run have been made well, most come with yokes and, assuming you're getting something like a 1310, have a diameter that's narrow enough to not be a problem. i don't know anything about this company and, probably should have just recommend what i know is good out there. having said that, i personally would recommend getting tried and tested shaft like the kind coast or je reel makes. with them, you will know you are getting a quality shaft and one that uses quality u-joints and components unlike shafts made by other popular companies.
Fair enough..I am going to call Coast tomorrow and get some ball park prices till I can get some measurements
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by cru9
Fair enough..I am going to call Coast tomorrow and get some ball park prices till I can get some measurements
unless you're installing a set of 60's under your jeep, you should be fine running a coast shaft without having to take any measurements. their shafts allow for enough travel to work on most any lifted jk's.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

unless you're installing a set of 60's under your jeep, you should be fine running a coast shaft without having to take any measurements. their shafts allow for enough travel to work on most any lifted jk's.
Ok thanks for the input..I will call and get price..Is it then called a OEM replacement?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by cru9
Ok thanks for the input..I will call and get price..Is it then called a OEM replacement?
not exactly as it won't be anything close to an oem shaft. unless you're planning to run 37's or bigger and play really hard, all you'll need is a 1310 shaft.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

not exactly as it won't be anything close to an oem shaft. unless you're planning to run 37's or bigger and play really hard, all you'll need is a 1310 shaft.
Perfect now I know what to ask for tomorrow..Thanks a lot

Quick Reply: Front Driveshafts