Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Driveshaft Rubing on exhaust at 28.5" ext

Old 07-30-2008, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Driveshaft Rubing on exhaust at 28.5" ext

Hi all
Well the short story is i have rancho 9000xls with my RK x factor lift.
My shocks are at 28.5 extended Rock krawler say to have 29" but at full droop my driveshaft is resting on the exhaust going past the crossmember. and to top it off its right where the plastic boot is.

Has anyone had this dramma ?? If so how did you overcome it. I was considering the use of limiting straps but im not sure how to fit them on an eye to pin set up.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

bummmmmmmmmmp
Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

GET THE SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OR YOU WILL BE LIKE ME DRIVING A 2 WHEEL DRIVE UNTIL UPS GETS THERE WITH NEW SHAFT
shortly after 1st good flex with new 28" shocks shaft got a little noisy and started spraying grease.During 2nd good flex outing with new shocks and new dragling/trackarm combo, wound up on my back on the trail removing this so I could drive home, and my shocks are 1/2"shorter than yours,have JE REEL 1310 on its way,and yes has pushed my exhaust down,glad I currently have skid plate off or exhaust would be crushed

Last edited by rickl; 08-05-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP? Do you have a 2 dr or a 4 dr? I have 27 inch droop shocks and i have gobs of room between the DS and the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Front Driveshaft Rubing on exhaust at 28.5" ext