Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front driveshaft disengage.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front driveshaft disengage.

Not sure if I even right on this but I believe I am. I have. 2013 JKRU that I have been slowly modifying. I disconnected the front driveshaft so I could get the axle to droop more on driverside and I'm pretty sure shaft was spinning so I put it in 4wd to stop it in order to loosen bolts(I just reached in and shifted transfer case to 4h without jeep being on or keys in ignition). Anyways everything is back together so I went to turn jeep around in my driveway and had a hell of a time turning. After putting it back in the garage I lifted driverside tire off the ground and I couldn't get it to spin. No 4wd lights are on in the dash.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd suggest putting it back in 2wd & disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset everything. Could be an electronic issue.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the front locker is engaged somehow and the computer doesn't realize it. I would try what jkfreak said or try engaging and disengaging the locker a couple of times.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put it back in 2wd. In 4 wheel it's engaged in the t case.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Just lifted front tires off the ground and both spin the same direction. I would assume my problem has to do with trussing front axle and removing axle shafts to do ball joints. I hit the switch to activate lockers and the lights came on on the dash and shut off when I hit the switch again but front is still locked. Any suggestions?

I'll try disconnecting the batteries
Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Found a thread where it says to remove oil plug and make sure actuator plate is slid to right and mine is. Could axle shafts somehow been installed incorrectly?
Old 11-16-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Try putting it in 4Lo in Gage locker, back up then drive forward turn off locker shift back to 2HI..
Are the lights on showing locker ingaged ?
Old 11-16-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
Try putting it in 4Lo in Gage locker, back up then drive forward turn off locker shift back to 2HI..
Are the lights on showing locker ingaged ?
Rear light stays on but front only blinks. Pulling 2 sensors on axle when I welded on truss have anything to do with it or reinstalling axleshafts after balljoints?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Found the problem. I pulled the front locker sensor out when I did the axle truss and when I put it back in the plunger to the sensor is on the wrong side of plate so now I need to figure out how to get it on the correct side.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OCOutdoors
Found the problem. I pulled the front locker sensor out when I did the axle truss and when I put it back in the plunger to the sensor is on the wrong side of plate so now I need to figure out how to get it on the correct side.
Ok, found a old thread on here where someone else had same prob. Said something about
Having one person in cab working locker switch while other person takes small flat blade screw driver
To move plunger to other side of plate. ( this is with diff cover off I think ) ....

Quick Reply: Front driveshaft disengage.