Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

front drive shaft vibration?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front drive shaft vibration?

Ok im 99% sure that the vibration is coming from the front drive shaft cause im an idiot and i think when i put the front springs in my jeep that i lowered the axle too much.... is there any way to know for sure... if it is not balanced i guess it's a good excuse to go get a new more beefy and non rusted one

I can sort of feel the mild vibration at low speeds and if im coasting down a hill it's a vibration in a pattern and thats the only thing that i can think of... and it only did it after i put the springs in... just wondering what anyone else thinks.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

being that you only have a 2.5" BB and that you are still running your factory drive shaft, i'd have to say that i seriously doubt that it is the source of your vibes. are you certain that your wheel are balanced?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 3 inch Tf now i took out the spacers and got coils... i have to change that in my signature. i will try and pull the shaft and see what happens then. i guess i have no other choice... its a really small vibration like reaLLY small.

Quick Reply: front drive shaft vibration?