Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Drive Shaft help, need some education

Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Drive Shaft help, need some education

2013 unlimited Rubicon: I have a 3.5 RK X factor lift on it. I am replacing the front DS to get more clearance.

Some DS companies sell a replacement yoke for the front pinion and one for the t-case and some do not. The extra cost is not the issue it is pulling the bolt from the T-case. I an not an expert But I thought if you pull this bolt you could compromise the t-case. Also I have not heard many issues with oem yolks breaking.

What is the best route to go with this, hit me with some education

Last edited by Stepsride; 08-24-2014 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-24-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

If you are going with a drive shaft that has a double cardan at the t-case, and single at the axle, I would look for the yoke that places the double cardan closest to the t-case. That will reduce the ill effects of vibrations at the t-case.

Also, if you have a double cardan at the t-case, the angle between the drive shaft and the front pinion axis must be as close to 0° as you can get it.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Former Vendor

We usually replace the front shafts and yokes as well. If done correctly there really is no risk in damaging the transfer case. Torque the front output shaft nut to 160ft-lbs. We prefer the aftermarket yokes because the 1310 or 1350 joint is recessed into the yoke rather than bolting a flat surface to another flat surface.

Here is a good write up on Adamsdriveshaftoffroad.com - Front JK Install

If you would like any pricing on any replacement shafts shoot us a pm and well hook you up!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Apprciate the wisdom and the links. I will PM you for a price

Thanks Again

Quick Reply: Front Drive Shaft help, need some education