Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front dana 30 on 37s

Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
If you can make a Dana 30 survive with 37s, you aren't wheeling trails and obstacles that require 37s.

If you wheel trails and obstacles that require 37s, then the Dana 30 ring and pinion won't survive 37s.
^^^^this.. and i will also say the same thing about 3 pages later in this thread.. if your trying to pick up soccer moms at the mall with your show jeep **** yeah 37s and a d30 is the answer.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
^^^^this.. and i will also say the same thing about 3 pages later in this thread.. if your trying to pick up soccer moms at the mall with your show jeep **** yeah 40s and a d30 is the answer.
FTFY! 37's are for mall crawlers, 40's are where it's at.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
FTFY! 37's are for mall crawlers, 40's are where it's at.
Here, fixed it then...

If you can make a Dana 44 survive with 40s, you aren't wheeling trails and obstacles that require 40s.

If you wheel trails and obstacles that require 40s, then the Dana 44 ring and pinion, and rear axle flanges, won't survive 40s.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped checking this thread like 3 pages ago when ya'll started talking about everything aftermarket (sure most go that route eventually) but not what I asked for. For the all the jeepers that answered my questions earlier on, thanks I will take in consideration your personal experiences with the Dana 30 on 37s and roll with it.

For everyone else, take it to the other threads. Or start a new one. Don't remember asking for your personal opinion/ignorant judgment on the few of us that drive a Dana 30 with 37s. This is a thread I started to open possibilities for those like myself that won't be going to an aftermarket axle right away and would like to still run 37s.

It seems being an ass is catching on in this forum. Typical occurrence within social networking, kids hiding behind computers insulting/degrading others to bigger themselves. I guess "kids will be kids".
Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeep_pride
I stopped checking this thread like 3 pages ago when ya'll started talking about everything aftermarket (sure most go that route eventually) but not what I asked for. For the all the jeepers that answered my questions earlier on, thanks I will take in consideration your personal experiences with the Dana 30 on 37s and roll with it.

For everyone else, take it to the other threads. Or start a new one. Don't remember asking for your personal opinion/ignorant judgment on the few of us that drive a Dana 30 with 37s. This is a thread I started to open possibilities for those like myself that won't be going to an aftermarket axle right away and would like to still run 37s.

It seems being an ass is catching on in this forum. Typical occurrence within social networking, kids hiding behind computers insulting/degrading others to bigger themselves. I guess "kids will be kids".
a simple search would have answered your question...blame whatever you want in all reality you were the one who struggled to search.. Even though you did not plenty of people still went out of there way to help answer your question. personally i like to blame facebook for everything, believe everything i read online, and take everything i read on line personally.

Last edited by Maertz; 03-11-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep_pride
I stopped checking this thread like 3 pages ago when ya'll started talking about everything aftermarket (sure most go that route eventually) but not what I asked for. For the all the jeepers that answered my questions earlier on, thanks I will take in consideration your personal experiences with the Dana 30 on 37s and roll with it. For everyone else, take it to the other threads. Or start a new one. Don't remember asking for your personal opinion/ignorant judgment on the few of us that drive a Dana 30 with 37s. This is a thread I started to open possibilities for those like myself that won't be going to an aftermarket axle right away and would like to still run 37s. It seems being an ass is catching on in this forum. Typical occurrence within social networking, kids hiding behind computers insulting/degrading others to bigger themselves. I guess "kids will be kids".
The question has been asked a thousand times, so why did you start the thread again?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah that's true I should have looked prior but honestly aren't their also threads about lift kits,35s,flat fenders everyday? Why does that justify being some of ya'll being asses about running this set up?

I mean it seems to me like ya'll are just looking for something to point fingers at. That's some primary school shit I deal with everyday at home. Didn't expect that from grown ass adults.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

I'm not arguing one way or another, just saying the answers are the same as any of these threads. Seemed like you blew up at the answers you didn't want to hear.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idiotec
I'm not arguing one way or another, just saying the answers are the same as any of these threads. Seemed like you blew up at the answers you didn't want to hear.
I get what your saying about looking at the other threads but I didn't for whatever reason. I don't mind receiving information based on others personal experiences with this set up. I was hoping to hear both sides pro-cons.

I'm flabbergasted on the level of ignorance and immaturity of some display when insulting other people because of what they wish or currently run on their jks. We are all here in the same boat. We're all asked questions before, good or bad. But of-course, there is always that one kid that feels obligated to mess up the information gathering of many to empower themselves. This isn't twitter or Facebook where we need to be stating judgment calls or comments. It's a forum in where questions get answered, period.

Last edited by jeep_pride; 03-11-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi

i have no sympathy...and a facebook...

Quick Reply: Front dana 30 on 37s