Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front D44 Beef up question

Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After some research it looks like the prorock 44 unlimited. The unlimited is made for jeeps with 3" of lift or more, which mine has.

I need to do some new research!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
This is a good thread!

So I'm now leaning towards an axle swap instead of my D44 upgrade. That being said what are my options with the Dynatrac approach?

For example, What's a prorock44 and a prorock44 unlimited? Is there a difference? I know I need an ARB, so i'd probably like to keep my stock 44 complete so I can maxmize my re-sale and offset this new purchase.

I already run 5x5.5 so I'd probably like the manual hubs included in a solution. Can those axles we spoke about earlier be run with manual hubs?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Forum-Members!

There are several versions:
-Factory housing - same specs as rubi44 front housing. 35sp arb/35sp shafts are the 'only' available upgrade
-Std carrier/locker - any standard carrier/locker/limited/shfats/etc

-Regular housing - Stock caster/pinion angles
-Unlimited housing - Pinion corrected for 3+ inch lift, thicker tubes

Options:
2k for the factory (PR44 rubi) housing. You would want the unlimited version for the pinion correction and thicker tubes. Then it is a direct swap of all of your rubi 44 parts. If you choose to go arb, you would need the 35sp version with new 35sp shafts)

2k for the Standard unlimited housing, then buy all the internals of your choice, and re-use your stock 32sp outer axles/knuckles/brakes.

4.2-4.5k for a basic 'complete' Standard PR 44 unlimited. Gears of your choice, locker of your choice, alloy inner shafts, then re-use your factory outers - and sell the housing with all of the inners.

Don't know how much adding the outer axles/knuckles/brakes to the PR would add to the price.

There are two options for manual hubs. Pre-JK 44 hubs and D60 hubs. There is a faq on this page that details them. Both make the axle a custom build, so you will need to contact dyna for pricing.
http://dynatrac.com/products_prorock44.html

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-15-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks for all the info!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Wow, It must not rain there, no rust on a 2007. I got to get out of Illinois
actually, this is my orange JK and it's an 09. but still, no, we don't know what rust is out here in socal. my old 81 CJ7 was still rust free till the day i sold it about 2 years ago.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
actually, this is my orange JK and it's an 09. but still, no, we don't know what rust is out here in socal. my old 81 CJ7 was still rust free till the day i sold it about 2 years ago.
WOW no rust .. must be nice .. i wish i didnt know what rust is ... salt and snow.. bad bad
Old 02-15-2011, 06:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

my old CJ before i sold it...

nice and rust free
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rusty's does sell lockout hubs to replace the stock ones on your jk. The brand is SpynTec. I think they run around $1500 for the complete kit though.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks everyone. I also live in CA so I don't have the rust problem either.

I sold a CJ-5 that looked amost the same as the 7. No rust either.

I'm getting a temp fix right now by cusseting the C's. I'll have it back on Saturday. At least I can now save up for a replacement that keeps the D44 whole so I can sell it to offset some of the cost.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
my old CJ before i sold it...

nice and rust free
You should be ashamed for selling that!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

So if I get the internal D44 sleeves, are they installed simply by welding the outers, or does the axle need to be taken apart. I may sleeve the inside (I already added the TF upper C gusset, and would put in some superior-type shafts. Then, I'd hope my locker is durable enough to get me through the summer.

Inner sleeves. Ideas?

Quick Reply: Front D44 Beef up question