Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Coil Spring Install question

Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Coil Spring Install question

I just finished installing a 1" spacer in the front of the jeep to get rid of the rake. When installing the front coil back on does the end of the spring have to touch the the "spring stop" on the bottom or just rest in the little groove with a little play? I forgot to look how it was originally set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

The spring needs to set in the groove and be turned so the end is at the stop. Make sence ?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Indy08jk
The spring needs to set in the groove and be turned so the end is at the stop. Make sence ?
Thank you for the response! Luckily that how I did it, i just wasn't sure if i need to just set it in the groove with a little slack or actually have the end of the coil touch the stop where it becomes vertical.

Cheers!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ludski
what do you mean?
you mean in the rubber isolater on top? or the metal fittings on the bottom?
It was the metal fitting where the bottom of the spring rests. I should have looked before I took it apart, luckily I have this forum to turn to. Thanks for the response.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Front Coil Spring Install question