Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Coast Driveshaft install question on pinion yoke torque??? confused please help

Old 08-06-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Coast Driveshaft install question on pinion yoke torque??? confused please help

I read the install write up on the forum under the Project JK section but have a question. It mentions that there is a specific totorque setting in inch pounds for the pinion yoke but this install gets around that becasue the cost of the wrench. I thought you mark the pinion yoke to tigheten it to the same spot but it does not say anything about that on the write up. Is that what the 160 ft lbs is in place of as a conversion from inch pounds to ft lbs??? Do I need to mark the nut to see where it is tighten to ccould someone clarify this for me, thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I am intrested in this to. I have a rear Coast shaft and rear TeraFlex arms waiting to be installed and plan to do the front in November. I am nervous about over torqing the pinion nut, even if I do it to 160 ft. lbs. And do you torque the transfer case nut to 160 ft. lbs.?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

bump does anyone have experience installing these? Thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...orque-settings
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default It works to use a marking pen on the bolt and nut and torque to this point

Used a marking pen on the bolt and nut and torqued to 1/8 past this to compensate for the crush washer.

Quick Reply: Front Coast Driveshaft install question on pinion yoke torque??? confused please help