Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Castor Angle with Aftermarket Driveshaft

Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkJason
Hey man, after doing my research I ended up going with Tatton front and rears, 1310 u-joints. They seem to be of excellent quality with a lifetime warranty.They came with new flanges front and rear for both the diff and t-case. I've got the rear installed with no problems and I have the front flanges installed but not the shaft, waiting to decide what to do about my pinion/castor angle first.
I have heard those shafts are pretty nice, but I have never owned any. Where did you get them from? How bad are the prices? I have a JE reels OEM style on my rear and it is ok, but I bont want that bid cv mass so far from the transfer in the front so I need to go another way. I doubt my stock front is gonna hang around much longer. just FYI if it helps any, on my tera 3" I am running just over 5* up front. I have thought about increasing, but it drives great right now. I think 7 might make my steering a bit heavy. What degree are you at right now?

You have any photos of the tattons? I may run one up front.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I have heard those shafts are pretty nice, but I have never owned any. Where did you get them from? How bad are the prices? I have a JE reels OEM style on my rear and it is ok, but I bont want that bid cv mass so far from the transfer in the front so I need to go another way. I doubt my stock front is gonna hang around much longer. just FYI if it helps any, on my tera 3" I am running just over 5* up front. I have thought about increasing, but it drives great right now. I think 7 might make my steering a bit heavy. What degree are you at right now?

You have any photos of the tattons? I may run one up front.
Their nice, I actually just called them and talked to the owner Curtis. He went through everything and explained how the 1310's are just fine for our application. I'll try an get some pics up.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Who's running stock Driveshafts and who's running aftermarket.

the stock shafts will damn near take any angle and wont viberate. After markets not so much.

I'm running about 7 degree's. I dont count as I have the Spyntec hub kit. So my front doesnt spin.
Yea sorry I'm in the process of converting to u-joint style shafts and am confused on what kind of castor I can run with them.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a fan of 1310 DS's over 1350s or whatever. If something breaks I would much rather it be my u-joint. I think you made a smart choice.

edit: I don't go around breaking 1310s either anyway... so I think I will be way in the clear with them.

Quick Reply: Front Castor Angle with Aftermarket Driveshaft