Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front caster issue

Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front caster issue

Hello everybody pretty much new to the jeep life and off-roading world I recently purchased an aev geometry correction for my jk only because I did not want to run cam bolts. Any one here on the forum personally work with this product and if so can I get your opinion.
Thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many of us have, what's your specific question?
Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

I did a basic lift tereflex 3' with rancho shocks rough country dual steering stabilizer adjustable track bar for the front rear drop bracket.
Mainly the problem is steer wonder when hit a bump really rough.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

I did some research and that aev is really so pose to correct the caster and steer issue. Thoughts
Old 03-28-2016, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArtJK13
I did some research and that aev is really so pose to correct the caster and steer issue. Thoughts
yea. i have the rancho version but its the same results. i can run over rocks / bumps / people w/e and it runs straight down the road.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

How much actual lift height did you get? What tire size, load rate, and psi are you running? If you have had it aligned, post the specs.

The ca brackets address the caster, and they make the arms more parallel to the frame. Better steering, maybe a less harsh ride and less nose-dive, but I have not read that they have any affect on bumpsteer.

Flighty steering is generally low caster. Bump steer can be caused by the angles of the front trackbar/draglink. (too steep, or not parallel). If you want to address the steep angles, look at some form of draglink flip/high steer. If you want to check that they are parallel, snap a picture showing both ends of both bars in the same pic, open it in Paint, and draw straight lines between the mounting holes on both bars.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArtJK13
Hello everybody pretty much new to the jeep life and off-roading world I recently purchased an aev geometry correction for my jk only because I did not want to run cam bolts. Any one here on the forum personally work with this product and if so can I get your opinion.
Thanks
They do help with caster and ride quality.

I have a 4" Evo lift and stock front arms on Rancho brackets.

It seems to be the perfect trade off in caster while not too much causing driveline vibes or destruction.

I have torn my front boot at the TC and it's spitting grease so it's on the way out.

I will be putting the Teraflex high angle rzeppa joint in soon and eliminating that issue.

It really becomes a balance between driveability and pinion angle.

Not.much built in wiggle room when the lift height gets to 3"+
Old 03-28-2016, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
How much actual lift height did you get? What tire size, load rate, and psi are you running? If you have had it aligned, post the specs. The ca brackets address the caster, and they make the arms more parallel to the frame. Better steering, maybe a less harsh ride and less nose-dive, but I have not read that they have any affect on bumpsteer. Flighty steering is generally low caster. Bump steer can be caused by the angles of the front trackbar/draglink. (too steep, or not parallel). If you want to address the steep angles, look at some form of draglink flip/high steer. If you want to check that they are parallel, snap a picture showing both ends of both bars in the same pic, open it in Paint, and draw straight lines between the mounting holes on both bars.

I'm not not sure exactly on the height I will have all of that posted tomorrow tires are 35x17 pro comp I'm running 35 psi I did get the an alignment I will post specs i work night s
Thanks everyone for the feedback

Quick Reply: Front caster issue