Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Bumpers -AEV & ARB

Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the ARB, but haven't installed it yet. I don't have the funds now for a winch, but may be able to afford one in six months or so. How hard is it to mount a winch (Superwinch) after the bumper is on the Jeep? Would the bumper need to be removed to do so? Should I just hold off on the installation until (it is warmer) and I have the winch?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't need to remove mine. Guess it depends on how wide the winch is and whether you can clear the hoop.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FinallyJO
I bought the ARB, but haven't installed it yet. I don't have the funds now for a winch, but may be able to afford one in six months or so. How hard is it to mount a winch (Superwinch) after the bumper is on the Jeep? Would the bumper need to be removed to do so? Should I just hold off on the installation until (it is warmer) and I have the winch?
With the AEV bumper you would need to remove the bumper to set the winch onto the winch plate.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the looks of the AEV over the ARB and that is probably why I initially purchased the AEV. I thought the instructions and the quality of the bumper and components were excellent. I have beat on my AEV pretty hard and it is holding up great. I also have had alot of compliments on the looks of the bumper. I think it would be hard to install a winch after the bumper has been installed.

Chris
Old 12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ytee
I like the looks of the AEV over the ARB and that is probably why I initially purchased the AEV. I thought the instructions and the quality of the bumper and components were excellent. I have beat on my AEV pretty hard and it is holding up great. I also have had alot of compliments on the looks of the bumper. I think it would be hard to install a winch after the bumper has been installed.

Chris
It should just take 12 bolts to be removed to get the winch on. Remove the 8 bolts through the face, and the two on each side that also attacth the fogs.

Quick Reply: Front Bumpers -AEV & ARB