Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front bumper question

Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper question

I've been looking for a front bumper without a winch mount for a 2012 4 door. I use mine as a DD and really don't want the extra weight of a winch, also mostly ride trails so don't think I will ever need one (I hope). Found two, Rugged Ridge and OR Fab. Was wondering if there are any other ones out there.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Last edited by js16301; 01-22-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

poison spyder have some nice stubby designs without winch mounts but there are many other vendors ... if weight is really a concern look for some aluminum fabrication
Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

2nd on Poison Spyder.Lot's of bumper options.I'm not going to run a winch either.Check out their J.K Brawler Lite w/o bar...$479 ...I know because I've looked at bumpers for too many hours and I'm going with poison spyder!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by js16301
I've been looking for a front bumper without a winch mount for a 2012 4 door. I use mine as a DD and really don't want the extra weight of a winch, also mostly ride trails so don't think I will ever need one (I hope). Found two, Rugged Ridge and OR Fab. Was wondering if there are any other ones out there.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
purejeep makes a nice non winch bumper too

all the hanson bumpers look and work great without a winch too.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Check the installation before you buy a PSC bumper. Some require you to saw off the end of the frame horns to gain approach angle clearance. I would like to thank Wayoflife for the writeup on the air pump relocation bracket. The instructions shipped with the bracket didn't show how to cut off the bracket or the orientation of the bracket.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the replys, I'll take a look at the Poison Spyder and the Hanson ones.

Jim
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

I have a buddy that installed the PSC Brawler Lite bumper on the 2012. It is a very simple and easy install. No cutting was required. Remove stock bumper and slide brawler in place. Secure with eight nuts and washers. Really easy. He did not have to relocate the vacum assist pump because he did not install the optional skid plate for the underside of the bumper. It looks awesome.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

This is some great info, one of the other things I didn't want to deal with was relocating the vacum pump.

Jim

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I have a buddy that installed the PSC Brawler Lite bumper on the 2012. It is a very simple and easy install. No cutting was required. Remove stock bumper and slide brawler in place. Secure with eight nuts and washers. Really easy. He did not have to relocate the vacum assist pump because he did not install the optional skid plate for the underside of the bumper. It looks awesome.

Quick Reply: Front bumper question