Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Bumper Problem

Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Problem

So I have ran into a little bit of a snag while researching front bumpers for my 2012 JKUS. I was looking at the Smittybilt SRC bumper w/ grille guard. While reading about it at Smittybiltdepot.com, I found out that it is not compatible with the 2012 because of the placement of the vacuum pump. I then looked at the XRC M.O.D. bumper and saw there was no issue with it. Is that a problem I am going to run into when I install any bumper or is it just the SRC?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 AM
JK Newbie

It depends on what the bumpers has behind it really but you can just get a vacuum pump relocation kit and then get any bumper you want
Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I installed the Smitty XRC front and no problems...I no there is relocations kits
available for this situation...Actually is better to relocate i think...
Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The relocation kits are fairly cheap too
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new smittybilt relocation bracket for sale in the bumper section for $20 bucks shipped if you need one. I did not need it with my bumper setup.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the replies. I just got off the phone with a Smittybilt rep who told me the bumper had been re-fabricated to compensate for the vacuum pump. The relocation bracket is no longer needed for the SRC Bumper. Once again thank you for the quick responses.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by taccop318
Thank you for the replies. I just got off the phone with a Smittybilt rep who told me the bumper had been re-fabricated to compensate for the vacuum pump. The relocation bracket is no longer needed for the SRC Bumper. Once again thank you for the quick responses.
I think if your planning on running a winch it probably needs relocated because the winch bolts between the frame.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

My dad is really opposed to cutting off the bracket that the pump is located on originally. Can I installs my RR XHD stubby without cutting off the old bracket?

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Problem