Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Bumper Hoop - What is the Purpose?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Hoop - What is the Purpose?

Searched the threads and couldn't find an answer. What is the functional purpose of a hoop on a front bumper? I am shopping bumpers and want to keep as much airflow as possible to my radiator for our hot summers. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Basically a guard for the radiator and sometimes winch.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK.nick
Basically a guard for the radiator and sometimes winch.
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. I don't think I will need it. Thanks for the response!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by firemarshal
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. I don't think I will need it. Thanks for the response!
It's always a good thing to have. Like my stinger for instance, just added insurance
Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK.nick
It's always a good thing to have. Like my stinger for instance, just added insurance
Now, I can see a stinger being practical for protection. But the type of wheeling I do, just doesn't require it (I don't think). I am looking at getting the RR modular HXD and then going from there. If I need it I can always add it with that system. BTW this is my 100th post! I'm stoked that it won't say Newbie anymore even though I still consider myself a JK Newbie
Old 03-05-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by firemarshal
Now, I can see a stinger being practical for protection. But the type of wheeling I do, just doesn't require it (I don't think). I am looking at getting the RR modular HXD and then going from there. If I need it I can always add it with that system. BTW this is my 100th post! I'm stoked that it won't say Newbie anymore even though I still consider myself a JK Newbie
They add up fast don't they
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think they are to look bad a$$. Seriously though, they look sweet. I want one.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

They are also a good place to mount lights.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that hoop has saved my ass from slamming my winch into rock or a tree. whole lot cheaper to replace a hoop than a Warn winch.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20JK10
They are also a good place to mount lights.
I want to keep my fog lights, but I want them in the bumper itself. I also want to mount lights on each side of the hood near the windshield so I think that will be good (like the Hella or IPF HID's). I want to keep the grill as unobstructed as possible for airflow. Eventually I would like to get the AEV hood to improve cooling and for ease of adding a snorkel, but that is big $$$. I like an understated look. I want everything to be functional, but performance oriented. I like the MOPAR bumper but also like the RR XHD one as well. Thanks for all the feedback so far. I love this forum!

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Hoop - What is the Purpose?