Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

front brake line extensions for teraflex 2.5" coil lift?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front brake line extensions for teraflex 2.5" coil lift?

edit: I want to order these TODAY if I go with them, so I will have all the parts arrive together - Thanks in advance

Hello. I will be installing this lift soon. I have a 2 door, but am installing the 4 door kit per the recommendation of David @ northridge. He says I do not need anything for the front. Just run the back bracket, and call it a day. I know that he knows what he is talking about, but am looking for more opinions. ( I want this to be complete and correct as possible )

He thinks I should end up with just over 3" in the front, and about 2.5" in the rear.

So I found a kit from Crown for (1"-2.5" lift) extended brake lines front and rear. Should I get these and skip the rear bracket? (their next kit says 3"-5" so I think those will be too long)

Like I said, I really am looking for this to be right this time
(for info. purposes - I also added front adj. trackbar, and front lower control arms. again, per David)
( 2007 rubicon 2 door hardtop, adding BFG Km2 - 285/70R17's on AEV Pintlers, Mopar front bumper, and Warn M8000)

Any info. is appreciated
Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont need anything for the front if you use the teraflex shocks. the shocks will limit the drop before the brake lines snap. trust david, he knows his sh*t. although, i got more than 3" total lift from mine. you MAY want to add a front spacer because of the winch, but wait and see if you end up needing it.

my avatar is my old 2 door with this same kit. you can see the front drop and that is just the way the kit came.

Last edited by wazooz2424; 03-06-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, I am getting the teraflex shocks too.

So, I guess I will wait and see how it is. Thanks for the reply

Any others with the same (or different) opinions?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The TF reps on this site will tell you that a 2door using 4door 2.5" coils will get 4". A 4door using 4door coils will get 3". With your heavy bumper/winch, expect 3.5" or a bit more. There are plenty of old posts from 2door guys that will back up the 4" height, so plan accordingly.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The TF reps on this site will tell you that a 2door using 4door 2.5" coils will get 4". A 4door using 4door coils will get 3". With your heavy bumper/winch, expect 3.5" or a bit more. There are plenty of old posts from 2door guys that will back up the 4" height, so plan accordingly.
the pic i posted is a 2door rubicon using the 4 door kit (before there were 2 different kits). i got just over 3.5". you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: front brake line extensions for teraflex 2.5" coil lift?