Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front axle upgrade

Old 08-06-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front axle upgrade

Alright so the end of this month I am going to get my stock 44 axle strengthened. I'm going to get the sleeve and gussets done, but what I'm wondering is should I also get the chromoly shafts also? I don't plan on going any larger then my 35's for a while but I do like to wheel especially in the rocks. Just looking for opinions see what you guys and gals think? Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if it were me, i would get chromoly shaft with full circle clips way before i'd spend any money on sleeves. c-gussets are a must though. i know they're all the rage and all the fanboys will come out and say you should get rcv's but really, there's no need to spend so much more money for something you really don't need.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Your already going to have it apart. I would just do the shaft upgrade and forget about it. When and if you get bigger tires, it's just an easy bolt them on and roll on down the trail.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Awesome thanks for the help looks like my decision is made

Quick Reply: Front axle upgrade