Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front ARB diff cover dip stick oil level.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front ARB diff cover dip stick oil level.

Hi All,

I've got a front axle seal leaking a bit and I have the ARB diff cover. I neglected to check the full level with the dipstick and I now have no reference to see how much oil I've lost, I don't think it is much. I plan to get the seal replaced in the couple of days. So, how far should the oil lever be up the dipstick? Thanks!

-Derek
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Hi Derek,

If I remember right, the dip stick is divided in sections and my level is just over the second level, i thought rather low on the stick however I measured it and it is OK.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply,

Sadly the dipstick is smooth, so I was thinking a rough estimate in inches, like 1/2 from the end or something like that.

-Derek
Old 09-03-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Freak

Derek,

Upps, maybe I am confused...... 1/2 inch from the end of the stick looks like it is low though, not a real big thing just don't go wheeling. Buy one of the seals which is reusable, I am going to regear soon and as mine are the reusable seals I don't have to buy a new one.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks,

I will probably have to throw a few cc's in it today. I hope to get it fixed Tuesday, might be a good excuse to get new axles too!

-Derek
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run 750mls in my front Dana 30 with an arb locker and cover. 1500mls in the rear Dana 44 with locker and cover

Quick Reply: Front ARB diff cover dip stick oil level.