Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Freedom top carrier ideas...

Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom top carrier ideas...

Hey guys... just wondering if anyone has seen a carrier/holder for the freedom tops that rides behind the seats(like the bag). I've seen one at one time. Was made of I think aluminum and had foam to protect the panels and straps to secure them. Was about $50.00 so I was skeptical. Just wondering if anyone made there own that would hold the panels on the inside of the jeep. Think I'm gonna try and tackle something when it gets warmer out.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats what I do now too. Lay them down and throw some blankets between them. Just would like something that would stand them up and hold them securely while leaving space for other things.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

man it must be nice to have a hard top
Old 03-21-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

ill trade you lol i wish
Old 03-21-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was leaning toward a bag but would like something that I could just throw them in and strap them on without having to worry about zipping up. Yea the visibility would be hindered, but with two kids and a wife that always brings home something from the store the extra space would be nice when its nice out. Took my jeep off the lot with only the hard top. I would love to have a soft top for the summer months but it's not in the cards right now and with the unpredictable weather around here I would be hesitant to take the whole top off when I'm not close to home.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's why I bit the bullet at the dealership and got both tops.

I think Quadratec has the Misch storage bags for some crazy price like $259. I found the mopar bag on Ebay for $66 plus $7 S&H, nice quality bag too.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep my JK hasn't seen a warm day yet and I've been thinking the same thing. The storage option seems a bit pricey to me. I just read you have to be careful not to mess up the gaskets when securing them.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

When storing them long term(all summer) yes you need to be extra careful. But after a day or two, the seals bounce right back.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingobubba
Hey guys... just wondering if anyone has seen a carrier/holder for the freedom tops that rides behind the seats(like the bag). ...
What I'd like to see is an after-market carrier that mounts of top of the hard top--ala the Bestop JK hardtop.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

What about standing one up on each side, strapped against the roll cage?

Quick Reply: Freedom top carrier ideas...