Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frankenlift or RK? With EVO coils...

Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by havochaos

I make it out there occasionally. My rig is built for dirt roads as I do quite a bit of long range wireless communications for oil field work.
How does your rig ride compared to stock on and off road. Your on a lot of what I'll be on most of the time.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution

EVO MFG arms are built with Currie JJ on both ends
Good to know. Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 PM
JK Freak

Just my 2 cents here. I bought the RK 3.5" Mid Arm and absolutely love it. IMO it sits perfect, not too tall or low. I am running Bilstein shocks and Steering stabilizer. It still rides very smooth and handles very good on the teails, Im not into rock crawling yet because I can afford to build a rig that stout yet. In time.... Other than that, this kit lets me go on all the desert trails without any problems. I would rate my wheeling spots as about a 5-6 out of 10. I never thought of changing out springs to give a more cozy ride because I love how this kit rides. If you do decide to change springs EVO would be a very safe and solid choice. They make some fantastic stuff. I would love to get my hands on their prerunner style kit. I think they call it the Evo Lever or somethin like that. Best of luck with your hunting. Here are a couple pics of my lift on my trails and a shot to show you the regular stance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-992958933.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	424951   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3011796203.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	424952   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3435567328.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	424953   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2682370644.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	424954  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tatrhed

How does your rig ride compared to stock on and off road. Your on a lot of what I'll be on most of the time.
A little stiff on road, but much better off. If you're ever in the area you can take it for a spin.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*
Just my 2 cents here. I bought the RK 3.5" Mid Arm and absolutely love it. IMO it sits perfect, not too tall or low. I am running Bilstein shocks and Steering stabilizer. It still rides very smooth and handles very good on the teails, Im not into rock crawling yet because I can afford to build a rig that stout yet. In time.... Other than that, this kit lets me go on all the desert trails without any problems. I would rate my wheeling spots as about a 5-6 out of 10. I never thought of changing out springs to give a more cozy ride because I love how this kit rides. If you do decide to change springs EVO would be a very safe and solid choice. They make some fantastic stuff. I would love to get my hands on their prerunner style kit. I think they call it the Evo Lever or somethin like that. Best of luck with your hunting. Here are a couple pics of my lift on my trails and a shot to show you the regular stance.
I was looking at the evo springs because, from what I found, they are softest offroad capable could you can get without getting into coil overs. I'd love them but can get everything including wheels an tires for less than the coil over parts.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

I was looking at the evo springs because, from what I found, they are softest offroad capable could you can get without getting into coil overs. I'd love them but can get everything including wheels an tires for less than the coil over parts.
Paired with the correct shocks they will ride very smooth!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Well once you get your setup be sure to let us know how it is. You have peaked my interest, I just never thought of switching springs. I love my ride, but improving it is always a plus!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution

Paired with the correct shocks they will ride very smooth!
I've thought about swapping out to these, but I am worried how they will perform when I have the trailer (m101a3 ~ 1300lbs empty) hooked up.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by havochaos

I've thought about swapping out to these, but I am worried how they will perform when I have the trailer (m101a3 ~ 1300lbs empty) hooked up.
You can get a hitch equalizer or add air lift air bags to help it out. Not sure of specifics on that though. I asked a tow question and those both came up. I'll post the link later when I can get to a computer. There was a guy with a 3500lb RV he pulled (rubicon with 33 and 4.10) and he used the air lift just for that sagging issue.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*

Well once you get your setup be sure to let us know how it is. You have peaked my interest, I just never thought of switching springs. I love my ride, but improving it is always a plus!
I definitely will. I'm still saving though. Got the idea because I saw all if positives reviews for RK kits but really want the EVO coils. The RK's seemed like they had a lot more in their kit for less money than the Enforcer kit.

Quick Reply: Frankenlift or RK? With EVO coils...