Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frankenlift or RK? With EVO coils...

Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tatrhed

How did the arms and track bars from the RC turn out? I was looking at the X-flex series that has all 8 arms, discos, and track bar and other hardware for a couple hundred more than 8 Currie arms. That was the biggest reason for me looking at kit and just selling the coils I got with the kit. From what I have found, biggest difference in all of the adjustable pieces are the joints. If this is the case, I dont want get back into an RC kit because I had to replace the lower arms in my TJ because the joints wore out. I am on a budget, but Ill save for a few extra months so I dont have to replace in a year. Learned my lesson the first time.
You can rebuild the joints on the RC arms. I'm currently running them on my rig.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by havochaos
You can rebuild the joints on the RC arms. I'm currently running them on my rig.
How often do you have to do that? Its seems like more trouble than its worth.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

RK coils/ TF LCA's but soon full set.
Synergy steering. Frankin lift
Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

havochaos:

Noticed your in Lubbock. Do you ever venture to Childress/Turkey area? If you do, how does your jeep ride on the dirt roads out there?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

We run Currie Johhny Joints for this reason, they take any flex you can throw at them and last a very long time. When you do need to rebuild them its very easy
Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did the arms and track bars from the RC turn out? I was looking at the X-flex series that has all 8 arms, discos, and track bar and other hardware for a couple hundred more than 8 Currie arms. That was the biggest reason for me looking at kit and just selling the coils I got with the kit. From what I have found, biggest difference in all of the adjustable pieces are the joints. If this is the case, I dont want get back into an RC kit because I had to replace the lower arms in my TJ because the joints wore out. I am on a budget, but Ill save for a few extra months so I dont have to replace in a year. Learned my lesson the first time.
I originally used Warrior fixed length poly bushing arms (no flex joint) and RC's adj front trackbar. I actually just recently replaced my RC adj front trackbar because it was completely toast after 1.5 yrs. Both the heim joint and poly bushing were very worn with a lot of movement. Went with Clayton track bar that is sooooo nice, uses oe style rubber bushing not poly, and a true Johnny joint, also the bar is a much bigger diameter. Top shelf in comparison to RC.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution

We run Currie Johhny Joints for this reason, they take any flex you can throw at them and last a very long time. When you do need to rebuild them its very easy
I thought you used Evo arms? Does that mean that Evo has their own arms and then you Scurry joints on the end? Sorry for the newbie question, trying to educate myself.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got roughly 30k miles out of mine before I had to rebuild them. It took me less than 2 hours to rebuild all 8 arms.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

havochaos:

Noticed your in Lubbock. Do you ever venture to Childress/Turkey area? If you do, how does your jeep ride on the dirt roads out there?
I make it out there occasionally. My rig is built for dirt roads as I do quite a bit of long range wireless communications for oil field work.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I thought you used Evo arms? Does that mean that Evo has their own arms and then you Scurry joints on the end? Sorry for the newbie question, trying to educate myself.
EVO MFG arms are built with Currie JJ on both ends

Quick Reply: Frankenlift or RK? With EVO coils...