Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frankenlift idea... Will this AEV / RK / FOX combo work well together?

Old 09-25-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieTom
What does lower end of digressive calving mean?
Fox shocks are linear.
Valving* most shocks have ~10 valves for more and less the spring contracts and expands. The shocks that are valved for the dual stage springs, are valved differently because the springs are not traveling as far for daily use.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here Digressive vs. Linear Valving
ORW Bilstein Digressive vs. Linear Valving - YouTube
Old 09-25-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I spent some time on the phone today and determined that all three spring/shock combinations are close enough in price when combined with the RK Maxtravel kit, so it's simply a case of deciding which one will provide the best rides AND be closest to 2.5" on a stock JKUR.

(All prices include bump stops!)

MC springs + OME Nitro Sport shocks ($800)
AEV springs + Billstein 5100 shocks ($785)
RK springs + Fox 2.0 shocks ($710)

Hmmm...

Last edited by palehorse; 09-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

I run the AEV lift with Rock Krawler arms and drag link. Like the no weld track bar mounts and progressive springs from AEV but like the adjustable tough as nails control arms and drag link from RK.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just an update for closure: I ended up going with an untouched 2.5" RK Max Travel kit and Fox shocks. At the end of the day, I decided to put my faith in the well engineered RK kit rather than take a risk with an untested combo. I'm sure it would have worked out either way, but I'm also sure I'll be fine with what I did get...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

That's good. Post up some measurements once you get it on. So we'll all have proof of lift.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jboss
I run a AEV/RK franken lift too. AEV 3.5 springs with AEV tuned bilstein shocks and the rock krawler x-factor. If you go with the AEV springs I would run the AEV shocks. You should always run shocks and springs that are tuned together. AEV springs are progressive also and tuned for the extreme end of digressive shock valving. So I dont know what the fox shocks would do may be ok or they will fight each other.

I’m very happy with my set up, the AEV ride with rock krawlers strength.
are you running the long arm lift? and how does the AEV shocks and springs flex? equal to the RK springs or less? Im looking at running the AEV 3.5 or 4.5 springs with the bilstein remote resevoir shocks from AEV and the RK JK 3.5 X FACTOR LONG ARM SYSTEM. How do you think this would work?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Seanb33

are you running the long arm lift? and how does the AEV shocks and springs flex? equal to the RK springs or less? Im looking at running the AEV 3.5 or 4.5 springs with the bilstein remote resevoir shocks from AEV and the RK JK 3.5 X FACTOR LONG ARM SYSTEM. How do you think this would work?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-113838/page3/

Here's mine with Rock Krawler lowers and AEV springs and Bilsteins. I've added RK uppers since.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-113838/page3/

Here's mine with Rock Krawler lowers and AEV springs and Bilsteins. I've added RK uppers since.
Thanks! Sweet jeep, your set up seems to be working well

Quick Reply: Frankenlift idea... Will this AEV / RK / FOX combo work well together?