Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Frankenlift 2"-2.5"

Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankenlift 2"-2.5"

I did a frankenlift on my LJ before I sold it and I am looking to possibly do the same with the JK. Basically get the best in each dept to make a lift that works really well. Right now I have a Tera leveling kit on it with 19/60 springs, Rubi shocks with AEV 2" shock relocator (from their 2" spacer kit), RC rear brake line drop brackets (2"), RE SS extended brake lines (2.5"-4.5"), JKS Quicker Discos (2.5"-4"), no additional bumpstop. I use this a few times a year to wheel but mostly for a DD and longer trips with the wife and kids so I really want some great road manners.

I would like to get nicer springs that will work with the 2" relocated shocks and get rid of the spacers and linear springs. Then down the line get a good set of shocks to compliment the springs. I dont really want to do adjustable arms on this one so I am thinking if I decide on a 2.5" spring I will go with the AEV geo brackets.

Springs - I know Tera is linear, AEV is progressive (dual rate?), MetalCloak is dual rate, Synergy is dual rate, and RK is triple rate. If I went with a 2.5" spring what would be my best bet for road manners? Also should I go with a 1.5" spring and leave in part of the Teraflex leveling kit (Mostly the rear puck as it has a spring retainer)? If getting these springs I assume they would correct for the factory rake so I would remove one of the two front spacers and leave the rear correct?

Track Bar - AEV and Teraflex both make relocation brackets for a 2.5" lift. Any opinions on them?

Bump Stop - What brand and how big?

Thanks all! I'd love to do a kit but all the expense up front might not be feasible (mostly due to adj arms and shocks).
Old 07-09-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm headed down the same road as you are for your lift. I racked my brain around doing a 19/60 coil swap or the RK 1.5 triple rate coils. I bought 33" tires thinking I wasn't going to lift it, but they do rub a little with the sway bar disconnected.

Ended up buying RK 1.5's, Rancho drop brackets (better than AEV! Much stronger materials and design). Also, got the RK adjustable front trackbar, teraflex rear trackbar bracket, Rancho 9000 shocks, and brake line relocation brackets.

Still waiting on RK to send my springs, but from my research, this will be a good setup. Nothing but positive reviews for the 1.5 coils and Rancho 9000 shock combo.

The only thing I'm afraid of is getting too much lift. It seems that RK 1.5 coils give a 2 door almost 3" lift up front and 2" in the rear.... Just hope it doesn't look funny with my 33" tires.

Good luck with your build, I'll report back with pics of my jeep once the springs get here!

EDIT: I see you have a JKU! The 1.5 coils would be perfect for you! Probably won't even need control arm brackets, I've heard the JKU guys are getting good caster numbers with stock arms/no brackets!

Quick Reply: Frankenlift 2"-2.5"