Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

is a frameless top good ?

Old 05-04-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a frameless top good ?

I'm looking to buying a soft top for the summer . I'm curious what is your thoughts on the frameless top
Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the best top NX on my JKUR about a month ago. I love it. Only issue I have noticed so far, and I will check it out when I get home, is when we had some high winds if was lifting the top just above the doors and I could see light. May need to tighten cables to next hole in bracket from original installation. Other than that I like it better than factory.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found it on extreme terrain for the two door for 544.00 it looks great
Old 05-04-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich30000
I'm looking to buying a soft top for the summer . I'm curious what is your thoughts on the frameless top
Originally Posted by NativeMsSon
I put the best top NX on my JKUR about a month ago. I love it. Only issue I have noticed so far, and I will check it out when I get home, is when we had some high winds if was lifting the top just above the doors and I could see light. May need to tighten cables to next hole in bracket from original installation. Other than that I like it better than factory.
Love my NX as well, third summer with it on. Native-just change the setting of the cables by ur back windows to stop the flapping. Also make sure u have it on evenly.

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my trektop NX. I think quadratec has it for 4 doors for 595 and free shipping. That has to be the best value mod out there. Great looks and great function for a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-04-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
Love my trektop NX. I think quadratec has it for 4 doors for 595 and free shipping. That has to be the best value mod out there. Great looks and great function for a great price. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Same here great deal, great functionality.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Everyone thanks for the info. I will be buying one oh these in a month.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Love my NX as well, third summer with it on. Native-just change the setting of the cables by ur back windows to stop the flapping. Also make sure u have it on evenly.

Thanks Jersey, it is even and a lot less wind noise than factory. I recon it just stretched and settled, minor adjustments in order.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeMsSon
Thanks Jersey, it is even and a lot less wind noise than factory. I recon it just stretched and settled, minor adjustments in order.
Yeah, every season I need to tweek something I do while installing, but it's all just minor adjustments. This year my rear aluminum bar wants to make noise. My 50" light effects the way wind goes over it too and makes it a lil more noisy but again slight adjustments and it's just fine. I also run a spider web shade and can't clip the two center straps to the sound bar and it's still just fine.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the original, not the NX. Have used it for a few winters/summers now and the hard top sits in the basement year round. Love it, takes up a lot less space then the TJ's framed soft top I had, its just one rolled up sausage.

The one thing to watch out for depending where you live/visit/drive, is that since its frameless, it essentially stretches a bit to fit nice and snug on your frame. This means when its gets closer to 0, or the cold winds blow, snow, etc.. and you have to put your top back on, it can be a big pain in the ass. Nice hot summer day, piece of cake.

Quick Reply: is a frameless top good ?