Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FOX vs KING shocks!!!

Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
RND
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll answer thee inquiry- KINGS
Old 05-02-2013, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Only a 1" lift? Save money and keep the factory shocks.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepy.Jeff
Only a 1" lift? Save money and keep the factory shocks.
You know I priced the factory shocks for my Jeep and they were $550.00 +. So I said to myself,
"Pay an extra buck and get something that will last the life time of the Jeep." I only had 60,000
miles on the originals
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of bilsteins with less than 2500 miles on them. Decided to lift and bought oldmanemus. If your interested...could save you some money and they ride good. If your not...my advice is to do some measuring under the jeep to get the exact shocks you need and let those measurements drive your decision. That way while your buying you can maximize your travel for your ride. After l lifted I had less than 2 inches down travel with stock length shocks. Something to think about...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JK08MCS

You know I priced the factory shocks for my Jeep and they were $550.00 +. So I said to myself,
"Pay an extra buck and get something that will last the life time of the Jeep." I only had 60,000
miles on the originals
No shock will last a lifetime. But get something with a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done some Research myself and its funny because the 3 companies I looked at were 1.king 2.fox 3. Bilstein i wanted the shocks with the extra reservoir. i always thought that kings were the best because that's what you see on all the competition off road trucks.. Well most people will say that if you go king you pay for the name" also been told this by companies that sell there product".. Fox shocks I thought they looked cool and have seen ok Reviews. But when I asked quadratec they told me they should have stuck to motocross to stiff lol ? Ok I'm guessing not worth it then. Now bilstein they have told me its a very good product but they are cheaper and you might have to Valve then each year ?? And all shocks come with a 90 warranty! Well that's no fucking help! So in my opinion stick to stock if you don't need to change them due to your lift hight.. If you do go for what looks better to you and talk to guys that have then to see what they say I've always wanted to ride kings and will do when my lift gets in..
Old 05-04-2013, 12:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny t
I've done some Research myself and its funny because the 3 companies I looked at were 1.king 2.fox 3. Bilstein i wanted the shocks with the extra reservoir. i always thought that kings were the best because that's what you see on all the competition off road trucks.. Well most people will say that if you go king you pay for the name" also been told this by companies that sell there product".. Fox shocks I thought they looked cool and have seen ok Reviews. But when I asked quadratec they told me they should have stuck to motocross to stiff lol ? Ok I'm guessing not worth it then. Now bilstein they have told me its a very good product but they are cheaper and you might have to Valve then each year ?? And all shocks come with a 90 warranty! Well that's no fucking help! So in my opinion stick to stock if you don't need to change them due to your lift hight.. If you do go for what looks better to you and talk to guys that have then to see what they say I've always wanted to ride kings and will do when my lift gets in..
Again, talk to teraflex about Elka. They are amazing.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would also stick with stock with your lift hight. There are plenty of people on here with rubi take offs. I am sure that you could buy them cheap or possibly get them free if you paid shipping. Save the extra money for another upgrade or for shocks in the future if you decide to go with a larger lift.

Quick Reply: FOX vs KING shocks!!!