Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fox Steering Stabilizer

Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Steering Stabilizer

I just purchased a fox steering stabilizer, a relocation bracket (and I already have the EVO flip kit with its relocation bracket) and a steering stabilizer clamp. The installation instructions are non existent. Do I mount the shock with the body attached to the relocation bracket or steering stabilizer clamp? Do I install the clamp at the length of the shock?

Thanks

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-05-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: bl manf
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My set up reqd me to mount the shaft side on the axle bracket side. Not enough clearance to mount the other way.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default fox steering stab

Thanks for your reply. So I take it that it doesn't matter as far as operation which way it is mounted?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

When you mount it, be sure your front tires are turned all the way to the right. In other words, you are making sure the SS does not limit your turns to the right.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either way its mounted it works the same. And like the other poster said its not a just bolt on deal. You'll need to check left to right travel so you get it centered in the middle of its travel with tires straight. You'll need an extra body to steer while your underneath.

Last edited by highwayman; 07-06-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Fox Steering Stabilizer