Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fox steering stabilizer?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox steering stabilizer?

Damaged my OEM last week wheeling and was thinking of a Bilstein but ran across Fox. Little more expensive. Anybody use one? If so, how do you like it? Installable by a guy with VERY little auto knowledge? (ie, me).
Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

honestly, i would say save your money and get something a little more reasonably priced. we're talking about a steering stabilizer here and, you really don't need anything more than a stock unit or the equivalent of (something like a rancho or teraflex). hell, you technically don't even need one.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
Damaged my OEM last week wheeling and was thinking of a Bilstein but ran across Fox. Little more expensive. Anybody use one? If so, how do you like it? Installable by a guy with VERY little auto knowledge? (ie, me).
I really like mine. Steering is tighter and it doesnt push one way or the other. Changed to this one because i went through two from another company that leaked fluid. Its an easy install just an 18 mm wrench and 10 minutes.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took WOL suggestion and just got a Bilstein at decent price. I don't know enough about my rig to spend all that much for the SS. Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took WOL suggestion and just got a Bilstein at decent price. I don't know enough about my rig to spend all that much for the SS. Happy Thanksgiving.
Feedback on your install when you get a chance, thanks and good luck.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by conifers4

Feedback on your install when you get a chance, thanks and good luck.
Roger that
Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

I've been running the bilstein HD SS for a couple months now and no issues... As WOL said, there is no reason to spend $$$ on one. I was running TF 9550, but destroyed it on a run and wanted something more compact...
Old 11-24-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog

I've been running the bilstein HD SS for a couple months now and no issues... As WOL said, there is no reason to spend $$$ on one. I was running TF 9550, but destroyed it on a run and wanted something more compact...
I also ordered a JKS relocation bracket. Not sure how the hell to install it but it sounded good...
Old 11-24-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

I also ordered a JKS relocation bracket. Not sure how the hell to install it but it sounded good...
Your bilstein won't fit on the bracket pin. The bushing is to small on the bilstein.. I guess you could pop it out and try to fit another, but that's to much work for my taste.. I'm actually trying to sell mine now..
Old 11-24-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Here is a thread on the JKS with install info...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ilizer-bracket

Quick Reply: Fox steering stabilizer?