Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fox shocks

Old 02-07-2016, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox shocks

Im getting ready to order some fox shocks the factory replacement and was just curious if anyone has any regrets with them. I do alot of fast trails originally i had bilsteins but they didnt do very well on the rough roads. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sam
Old 02-07-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robbins84
Im getting ready to order some fox shocks the factory replacement and was just curious if anyone has any regrets with them. I do alot of fast trails originally i had bilsteins but they didnt do very well on the rough roads. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sam
I recommend you also add Teraflex Speed bumps if you want to drive fast.

As for Fox get Adjustable ones with a Reservoir. If those are out of your budget get some non Reservoir type by fox.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Reservoir = sexy
Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the Teraflex speed bumps paired with Elka remote reservoirs definitely nice for high speed two tracks.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had the Fox 2.0 Performance series non reservoir on my rig for the last 3.5 years and between 15 and 20k miles. Both fronts are leaking like hell. Called Fox they said it was time to rebuild at that mileage. Disappointed and surprised to say the least. Bought the m from NR4X4 and they were surprised as well but are out of warranty. FYI it is $65 per shock for rebuild that does not include anything other than seals really. Add in shipping to and from and I just decided to buy a new front pair. I ordered a new set of FOX 2.0 Performance. Going to give them another shot, they rode nice.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Da20captain
I have had the Fox 2.0 Performance series non reservoir on my rig for the last 3.5 years and between 15 and 20k miles. Both fronts are leaking like hell. Called Fox they said it was time to rebuild at that mileage. Disappointed and surprised to say the least. Bought the m from NR4X4 and they were surprised as well but are out of warranty. FYI it is $65 per shock for rebuild that does not include anything other than seals really. Add in shipping to and from and I just decided to buy a new front pair. I ordered a new set of FOX 2.0 Performance. Going to give them another shot, they rode nice.
Thanks for the help
Old 02-07-2016, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlocker
I've got the Teraflex speed bumps paired with Elka remote reservoirs definitely nice for high speed two tracks.
Good to know i was looking at the terraflex speed bumps as well sadly there a little out of budget just like remote resevoirs.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TeraFlex Speed Bumps

Originally Posted by robbins84
Good to know i was looking at the terraflex speed bumps as well sadly there a little out of budget just like remote resevoirs.
Yeah I'm in the same boat budget wise. I almost cried when I saw the price. I guess I'm going to have to ask Santa for them. If you watch their video on them you can actually see they are worth it. I laughed when the JK without them caught air and the one with them did not. Good video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz0lpGP0m8

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 02-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Budget wise the speeds bumps are not friendly at all. Overpriced for a can of foam in my opinion, but they work very well.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the TeraFlex Tuned Fox Shocks with Reservoirs with no issues. I also have a set of TeraFlex Speed Bumps I'm about to install. Pricey combo but serves my purposes...

Quick Reply: Fox shocks