Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fox Shocks 2.0?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Shocks 2.0?

Is anyone running the Fox Racing Shox JK 2007-12, Front, Smooth Body IFP, 2.0, 9.6 in., 2 in.- 4 in. Lift

Im considering pulling the trigger on these to replace my stock sport shocks. Ive got about 20k miles on my current OEM's

Id like to see opinions from ppl who either have them or have driven rigs with them equipped.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Fox are awesome. I have Fox Shox but with no lift. You will NOT be disappointed. The improved handling is great. You will notice on the street right away that you stay in your seat when you need to. In the dirt, washboards disappear and your control is constant and consistent. I recently got a Fox steering stabilizer to round out the set. I'm hoping to get out to the desert to really feel the difference where it matters.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by armedtotheteeth
Fox are awesome. I have Fox Shox but with no lift. You will NOT be disappointed. The improved handling is great. You will notice on the street right away that you stay in your seat when you need to. In the dirt, washboards disappear and your control is constant and consistent. I recently got a Fox steering stabilizer to round out the set. I'm hoping to get out to the desert to really feel the difference where it matters.
2 words = DO IT

2 more words = SUPER HAPPY

few more words. I know spending the money kinda sucks, but they will probably be the last shocks you ever buy. I've heard they're rebuildable too. well worth the coin. but pretty much any monotube shock will be a great buy. bilstein 5100's, Skyjacker m95's, Fox 2.0, rancho 7000, Pro Comp Pre Runner etc etc.

Last edited by courtsm3; 10-24-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

Absolutely do it!! I don't have them, but a good friend does. He has an 08 JKUR with 37" BFG's. Another buddy has a '06 Unlimited, highly modified with extended wheelbase,3 link front susp, 4 link rear, 35" tires,and King 2.5 Coil overs. We went wheeling in Big Bear ( southern cali) and the JKUR walked away from everyone on the higher speed fire roads. Granted, he was probably the more skilled and aggressive driver, the Fox 2.0's did a great job of dampening washboards, whoops, and G-outs. If the shocks you are thinking of are the 8 position adjustable my buddy has,, do it!!! On a side note, he can dial in his ride on the street to be performance oriented by turning up the dial, or get more cushy by dialing it down. He also goes to the stiffest setting when rock crawling , because when your moving that slow,, it doesn't really matter; however, when he is coming off a boulder, the stiff setting stops the rear bumper from coming down hard on the rock. Pretty nice all the way around. He says Fox 2.o's are by far the best thing he ever did for his jeep!! good luck!!

Last edited by big dr; 10-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow!! awesome responses so far!

i was expecting immediate pro/anti responses and having to filter through them like most questions asked here.

Gonna wait till tomorrow and see what else I can dig up on these and if it still looks this good, I will be purchasing 2 for the front for now!! Then 2 for the rear later on.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh and on a second inquiry, for the guy(s) who have the Fox SS, Is that worth it?
Ive read many many threads on SS's and I observe a mixed opinion whereas some ppl say that the OEM SS, is just fine and to replace it as time goes on. Others recommend this brand and that brand ect.

Im running Mickey Thompson Baja M/T's 35x12.5 R16 and have heard that ppl are blowing the OEM SS pretty quick with the over sized tires. ....any thoughts if I should replace the SS with the Fox one or just replace with OEM?

Quick Reply: Fox Shocks 2.0?