Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FOX ATS Warning!

Old 02-08-2015, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard nothing but great things about the FOX ATS. Sure its expensive, but Its adjustable, doesn't push to one side, improves gas mileage, cures hair loss, fights terrorism, etc.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
your set up looks great no salt like mine under there lol wonder how long that 325 dollar shock will hold up to salt here in nh / not long i bet
I'm still trying to figure out how the Fox stabilizer is more prone to failure due to salt than any other exposed component on the Jeep. Does not compute.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
I've heard nothing but great things about the FOX ATS. Sure its expensive, but Its adjustable, doesn't push to one side, improves gas mileage, cures hair loss, fights terrorism, etc.
No need to be carried away SO far... the ATS doesn't cure hair loss...

But seriously, the ATS is very good. If one doesn't mind the price, it's a real good product.
Most any SS would function exactly the same, except that the ATS is adjustable and most SS aren't, and its internal structure prevents the possibility of one side pull.
A faulty stock SS once caused temporary death wobble on my previous Jeep, and that single case convinced me to install something better, even though that isolated case is super rare.

Now, before linking the following video, I'd like to clarify:
I'm not against the ATS, on the contrary.
A SS is purely a safety part, that's why I wouldn't regularly drive without one. My current SS is doing fine, which pushed the ATS way down on the mods list. I'll probably get to it sometime.

Though I don't agree with having no SS, the following video shows that a SS isn't needed and isn't the solution for what some members here use it for:

Last edited by GJeep; 02-08-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that my Jeep is without a stabilizer while waiting, here is what I noticed.
Without a stabilizer on, no noticeable difference while driving straight under 35 mph. Above 40 the bumps and potholes have a little more affect.
Around turns under 35, no real problem. Over 40 around turns with potholes, hold on tight to the steering wheel.
My suspension is dialed in great. Without the stabilizer doing 60 on the Hwy, I can let go of the wheel and it tracks true with no shake or vibration.
IMHO, on a lifted 2 door with 35's and up, a good steering stabilizer is priceless.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
your set up looks great no salt like mine under there lol wonder how long that 325 dollar shock will hold up to salt here in nh / not long i bet
It'll hold better than any steel part in your Jeep - it's Aluminum and very well coated shaft.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default try and compute the fact that shock outer housings

Originally Posted by hair2831
I'm still trying to figure out how the Fox stabilizer is more prone to failure due to salt than any other exposed component on the Jeep. Does not compute.

are prone to rusting out faster than most any other item on a jeep period . If you lived in a salt calcuim zone yould understand. that might help you figure this out, if its very thin metal it it would be prone to rust formation We see salt 6 months a year here as seen in pic
You can wash it at car wash but get home and looks the same again.

its the risk u have to take i guess , just a shame to see a nice product rust out in front of you after a year or two

GJEEP ) I was not aware the ats was aluminum thanks for pointing that out . my new rancho 9000xls are already showing a tad bit of surface rust and only been on since summer obvious there not aluminum :(
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2212 (2).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	595977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2223 (2).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	595983  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-08-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:11 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by GJeep
I'm not in any competition...
I just call it as it plays out bub Next!
Old 02-08-2015, 04:13 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by FDHog
Now that my Jeep is without a stabilizer while waiting, here is what I noticed.
Without a stabilizer on, no noticeable difference while driving straight under 35 mph. Above 40 the bumps and potholes have a little more affect.
Around turns under 35, no real problem. Over 40 around turns with potholes, hold on tight to the steering wheel.
My suspension is dialed in great. Without the stabilizer doing 60 on the Hwy, I can let go of the wheel and it tracks true with no shake or vibration.
IMHO, on a lifted 2 door with 35's and up, a good steering stabilizer is priceless.
Spoken by someone who actually has one

Now I'd like to see the vids of owners drive their rigs for 50k miles within a 3 year period straight without a SS mounted. Preferably on something more than a pansy 5 minute drive on a flat and wide highway on a bright & sunny day with your doors off while your foot hangs outside on your slider.

I'm talking roads/highways with potholes, un-level roads/highways, over long bridges and mountain passes with big gusts of wind, and actually going at least 65 mph. Too difficult? Ok make it 60 mph and 30k miles within 2 years. Let's throw some rainy conditions in on 2 lane roads while we're at it.

45-75 mph wind gusts..........oh that? No problem. Who needs a SS?

http://www.kcba.com/2013/10/28/gusty...pple-trucks-2/
http://abc7news.com/weather/pacifica...-winds/431807/
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancis...nt?oid=2919305
http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2014/12/09/...y-and-very-wet

Last edited by DJ1; 02-08-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:31 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by GJeep

Though I don't agree with having no SS, the following video shows that a SS isn't needed and isn't the solution for what some members here use it for
Ok Einstein, so how are some of the members here that have actually bought one and run one are using it incorrectly? And what is the correct way to use it?

Like I stated earlier, I have no death wobble before or after the ATS. Now if you're talking about masking DW, which from what I can tell none of us that have bought the ATS currently have issues with but have only gained from the more pleasurable driving experience through the purchase of the ATS, I'm not sure who you are referring to?

Last edited by DJ1; 02-08-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People without one just don't understand. This ss can't possibly be any better than the OEM unit. No way, no how. Waste of money. Amirite?

Quick Reply: FOX ATS Warning!