Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FOX ATS Warning!

Old 02-07-2015, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ok

Originally Posted by Maertz
Yup lots of threads. Its a different animal than ss but will hold straight.. The cost of the ats is what baffles me. Way overpriced for what it does imo but most also wont need hydro assist

yeh i read a few posts on it. It looks more for people who really off road 99% and who are putting pressure on steering often .
for my use a upgrade like the fox might be easy lol leave hydrolics for the tractors and serious off road users

the fox ats is pricey but im sure most that most who buy it might be using there jeep on road 60% or more maybe ??? could be wrong maybe some think it will work in the rocks and hardcore . Then id agree hydro seems the route to go . it must be more technical install id imagine too
Old 02-07-2015, 06:17 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
due to the fact I realy don't want to use that track bar bolt in the location . I added a re enforcement plate to the track bar bracket and I have a 9/16 bolt in there because I have teraflex monster track bar there now . hate messing with that if theres a way to utilize stock stabilizer bracket . Or is it wise to use the one that comes with the new shock? The hole had wallowed a bit so I added that plate to help that from continuing . was getting a bad shimmy .

(dj1) im surprised they didn't use grade 8 and just let that bolt run through the clamp with a nut under the clamp somewhat recessed, just to clear the tie rod leaving a opening in the clamp to get a open end wrench on the nut but after reviewing the synergy relocation
bracket thats prob better option than what i have now !! i think ill go with that set up & the fox ats
Well if you want to still use that trackbar gusset that you have there, then yeah you would have to use the "exclusive" bolt that comes with the ATS and I don't even know what grade it is. Otherwise, you could run the Synergy relocation bracket, still have grade 8 9/16 at the trackbar, and have additional clearance for the ATS.

These aren't my pics. I pulled from another forum but you can get the idea....
Attachment 595820Attachment 595821

Keep in mind that Synergy recommends you should have at least 2" bumpstops to help keep suspension/ steering components from hitting the SS when the suspension compresses.

Last edited by DJ1; 02-07-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Default yehthanks

Originally Posted by DJ1
Well if you want to still use that trackbar gusset that you have there, then yeah you would have to use the "exclusive" bolt that comes with the ATS and I don't even know what grade it is. Otherwise, you could run the Synergy relocation bracket, still have grade 8 9/16 at the trackbar, and have additional clearance for the ATS.
id just go synergy bracket seems straight forward and cheap enough rather than damage the expensive shock
thanks yeh grade 8 ~ 9/16 is staying your set up looks great no salt like mine under there lol

wonder how long that 325 dollar shock will hold up to salt here in nh / not long i bet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2217 (2).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	595829  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-07-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:35 PM
DJ1
Former Member

id just go synergy bracket seems straight forward and cheap enough rather than damage the expensive shock
thanks yeh grade 8 ~ 9/16 is staying your set up looks great no salt like mine under there lol

wonder how long that 325 dollar shock will hold up to salt here in nh / not long i bet

Yeah no salt to worry about here in my part of CA. Maybe coat it with Teflon?

Btw, where are you seeing it / finding it for $325?
Old 02-07-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Default sorry 355 now

Originally Posted by DJ1
Yeah no salt to worry about here in my part of CA. Maybe coat it with Teflon?

Btw, where are you seeing it / finding it for $325?
well its 355 at some places and offroad elements is a great place to buy stuff . Great customer service (ill most likely get it from Eric over there)
Old 02-07-2015, 06:47 PM
DJ1
Former Member

well its 355 at some places and offroad elements is a great place to buy stuff . Great customer service (ill most likely get it from Eric over there)
$355 makes sense. I'm pretty sure that's about how much I paid for mine.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Default they were 325

then 10% off and a little more off that not to long ago i think they need to lower the prices on stuff things are getting out of control for the average folks who drive jeeps and want to mod a few things / like those rugged ridge rear pods lol dream on not paying 750 bucks for two blocks with a hole for a d ring .
Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
DJ1
Former Member

(dj1) im surprised they didn't use grade 8 and just let that bolt run through the clamp with a nut under the clamp somewhat recessed, just to clear the tie rod leaving a opening in the clamp to get a open end wrench on the nut
I still have the Synergy tie rod clamp that I used with my Bilstein SS so that's on back-up right now if the FOX bracket doesn't hold...

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Steering :: Synergy Jeep JK Fox Steering Stabilizer Tie Rod Clamp
Old 02-07-2015, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

Default did i read that the stock clamp

Originally Posted by DJ1
I still have the Synergy tie rod clamp that I used with my Bilstein SS so that's on back-up right now if the FOX bracket doesn't hold...

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Steering*::*Synergy Jeep JK Fox Steering Stabilizer Tie Rod Clamp

was not easy to remove ?? if so any trick to make that go easy ?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was not easy to remove ?? if so any trick to make that go easy ?
Cut it off with a grinding wheel.

I paid $355 for my ATS.

As soon as FOX sends it back to me, it's going back on.
As far as salt on the roads, It might not be as bad here as in NH, but when I took mine off, it showed no signs of corrosion.
Nothing a little douche from a hose wouldn't cure.

For my 2 door, this was one of my best mods.
Brand new before my lift, my JK handled like crap when hitting potholes on turns at 50+mph. It would almost change direction.
Same roads, and with a 2.5" RK lift (more like 3"), 35's, and the ATS, it holds the line in turns.
All these guys that talk about bump steer and how a SS is useless, are talking about straight roads with potholes. Try driving on some of the roads in NYC at 40-50 mph in a 2 door without a steering stab. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: FOX ATS Warning!