Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FOX ATS Warning!

Old 02-07-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1

Exactly. It's funny how people talk smack about it without having used one. And I've done the stock, the OME, and the Biltstein. The ATS is staying unless I go to hydro. Drifting/pulling from crosswinds are gone and bump steer is gone. My shyt's tight now so I don't give a rats azz.

Masking or non-masking, anyone who wants to run without the steering stabilizer on for a daily driver that is a primary vehicle for 50k+ miles that's less than 3 years old, go ahead and be my guest. Walk the talk and post up a record/video log. Let's see how old that gets.
I ran my dd with no ss for over a year and had not a single complaint... Drove identical to the stocker and a dual ss i tried.... For the cost of a fox ats i went hydro assist..... You could already be there...i could tell the second i may be near dw as i could feel loose/worn parts. With a ss you find out when it finally wobbles possibly damaging other things imo.

Its just a preference thing some people swear cais and such make there car a nascar and same with mufflers. To each his own

Last edited by Maertz; 02-07-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:31 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Maertz
I ran my dd with no ss for over a year and had not a single complaint... Drove identical to the stocker and a dual ss i tried.... For the cost of a fox ats i went hydro assist..... You could already be there...i could tell the second i may be near dw as i could feel loose/worn parts. With a ss you find out when it finally wobbles possibly damaging other things imo.
I'm not saying it's impossible but I'm also not going to drive without one. To help clear the air, I've never had DW issues except when the beadlocks were stuffed with thick mud LOL.

I hear what you're saying but I've got other things I'd rather worry about then wondering if my rig will hold it's line without having to drop down to 30 mph. It gets windy up here in the bay, not only when crossing the long bridges but when driving through the mountain passes. It sucks so the extra $ fronted for the ATS is worth it for me.

None of your typical SS (single or dual setup) allows you to fine tune. ATS has 24 click tuning. You want it super-light, run it at 1 click. You want some beef to the steering wheel which anyone who has one can feel it work, run it at any setting over 14 clicks IMO.

I could've gone hydro but I'm under the extended warranty. Want something I can change back to stock easy if I need to so I don't have to deal with dealer BS. After the warranty is up, if I had the time to wheel at least more than once every 6-8 weeks I would consider going hydro.

Last edited by DJ1; 02-07-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hydro assist. cost total ???

just curious . im not familiar with it or the cost , But seeing a lot of mention of this . Is there a thread on this that explains its function ?

i have not heard hardly anyone that has a fox ats complain of its not helping with there ride !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-07-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
just curious . im not familiar with it or the cost , But seeing a lot of mention of this . Is there a thread on this that explains its function ?
Of what? Hydro assist?
Old 02-07-2015, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default yeh it was in the heading of my post

hydro assist

Of what? Hydro assist?
mines mostly a dd & minor off road well no playing in big rocks anyway . It seems the shock would be quick and easy for $325

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-07-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:41 PM
DJ1
Former Member

For the record, here is my Bilstein SS in it's normal state.........as you can see it pushes out. So I have no idea what some of you are talking about because I have them sitting in my garage. Sold the OME.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 6.37.37 PM.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	595815 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 6.39.57 PM.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	595816
Old 02-07-2015, 05:42 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
hydro assist
yeah there's quite a few threads on it......
Old 02-07-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DJ1

yeah there's quite a few threads on it......
Yup lots of threads. Its a different animal than ss but will hold straight.. The cost of the ats is what baffles me. Way overpriced for what it does imo but most also wont need hydro assist
Old 02-07-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maertz, you have zero experience with the Fox ATS, so therefore, your opinions are useless. Just like I said earlier.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:08 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Yup lots of threads. Its a different animal than ss but will hold straight.. The cost of the ats is what baffles me. Way overpriced for what it does imo but most also wont need hydro assist
I paid a lot less for the ATS than usual.....I'll try and dig up the receipt but Fox & Northridge not only had a holiday sale going on but I was also able to use the 10% discount on top of it. I think I paid around $360 maybe even less. The technology is simple once you see the guts of it but nobody else makes anything close to it that directly competes with it.

Out of curiosity, how much would be the cheapest (yet still reliable based on reviews / testimony) hyro assist kit? It seems like all of the Rock Ram and PSC kits I've seen are at least $1k. That's a pretty sizable dent in the wallet especially if it's more of a DD.

Quick Reply: FOX ATS Warning!