Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FOX ATS Warning!

Old 02-01-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 46chevytruck
Mine did the same. I sent in photos and never heard back. I need to followup. Way too expensive to have issues like this.

What did they charge to rebuild it?
They rebuilt it for free as it right at the warranty cutoff
Old 02-01-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJ1
Thanks for the heads up on the tie rod clamp. Although for the guys that have the shock body roll over, I don't see how that's possible unless you loosened the allen screw or didn't tighten it back up so it wouldn't move. Or maybe it just doesn't clamp down hard enough but I haven't seen any movement for the few months I've had it.
My allen head was beyond tight...i think it was missing some small part inside to keep it from moving
Old 02-02-2015, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evoviii2jk
My allen head was beyond tight...i think it was missing some small part inside to keep it from moving

Is this the clamp that holds the shock to the bracket with 1 allen head screw or the tie rod clamp with the 4 screws?

Last edited by FDHog; 02-02-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FDHog

Is this the clamp that holds the shock to the bracket with 1 allen head screw or the tie rod clamp with the 4 screws?
It was the tie rod side just on the round part of the body. There is an allen head that squeezes the clamp side to the body. That whole part was spinning
Old 02-02-2015, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Talked to Fox today. Had to send them pics cause they didn't understand what I was talking about. They wanted to make sure it wasn't installation error. I told them it couldn't be installation error on my end cause it was a part they put together. Still waiting to hear back.
Gonna slap a Rough Country on for now cause I tossed out my stocker.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FDHog
Talked to Fox today. Had to send them pics cause they didn't understand what I was talking about. They wanted to make sure it wasn't installation error. I told them it couldn't be installation error on my end cause it was a part they put together. Still waiting to hear back.
Gonna slap a Rough Country on for now cause I tossed out my stocker.
Yeah luckily I still had an unused one from my aev lift. Honestly it's pretty nice....im not in a huge rush to get my fox back on
Old 02-02-2015, 02:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ill hold off on buying one

till they work out the crappy design flaw/ keep posting on the outcome I was thinkin of picking one up next as my next mod ill keep the stock one for a bit now
Old 02-04-2015, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to be clear on my posts. My issue, although it looks like the same problem appears to have been caused from the Teraflex track bar knuckle spinning and ultimately hitting and damaging the fox steering stabilizer. There is a known issue with cheap hardware on the Teraflex that loosens up. Replaced the hardware and will be sending in my fox for a rebuild.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Fox is taking care of my stab under warranty. After looking at the pics they aren't sure whether they're gonna rebuild it or replace it.
They should get it Monday. Probably get it back in about 2 weeks. Hopefully.
Have to make a point of checking that bolt at every oil change.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default at least the covered you

thats good tp know seeing the cost of the shock it should be quality yould expect
it looks decent (did you see any major improvement in ride from stock ss ?)

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-05-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: FOX ATS Warning!