Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fox 2.0 stabilizer, model 980-24-986 pulling to left

Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T&ERun
Yep, mine pulls since the day I've put mine in. I'm running about 35psi in mine. The shop that I bought mine from had the tool to take some pressure out of it. You may be able to buy the tool from Fox to do it yourself, but I'm not sure. I've heard of guys running less psi, but Fox told the shop that I'm using to not go below 35. The pull is annoying for sure.
Guys on here are always talking trash on the Dual steering stabalizers saying it for "Mall Crawlers", but wouldnt something like a Bilstein Dual set up fix this pulling problem since you have the stabalizers working together? Its a lot cheaper option than the new Fox. I will be throwing this on my new RK 5.5 Mid arm with 38x15.5x20 Mickeys just because the tires are INSANLEY heavy.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

From what I have read on previous posts, the pulling is common with nitrogen filled SS like Fox and Bilsteins. That is why I went with the new Fox ATS so I could negate the dreaded pull.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jumpmaster
From what I have read on previous posts, the pulling is common with nitrogen filled SS like Fox and Bilsteins. That is why I went with the new Fox ATS so I could negate the dreaded pull.
What's your impression of the ATS? I've been thinking About making the same move. Is the range of adjustment pretty noticeable?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmike
What's your impression of the ATS? I've been thinking About making the same move. Is the range of adjustment pretty noticeable?
This x2........
Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Fox 2.0 stabilizer has a Shrader valve. Mine also pulls to the left. Thinking I'm going to adjust.......
Old 04-06-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrmike
I like it. Expensive, but I liked the principle behind it and that it is designed to be mounted above the tie rod so no additional clamps to buy. Depending on your adjustments, you will notice a difference in your steering response/feedback. I have Fox shocks also so I wanted to keep brand integrity. I think you would be pleased with it
Old 04-06-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a fox shock mountain bike pump and used it to drop the psi from 40 to 20. Wow! Huge difference!!!

Quick Reply: Fox 2.0 stabilizer, model 980-24-986 pulling to left