Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fox 2.0 stabilizer, model 980-24-986 pulling to left

Old 06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox 2.0 stabilizer, model 980-24-986 pulling to left

Well after clocking my stock stabilizer, even after relocating it with a Jeepswag relocation bracket, I went to replace it with the Fox stabilizer hxxp://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/fox-racing-shox-steering-stabilizer .
Now I'm dealing with something I feared, it's pushing, or pulling, depending upon your perspective, to the left. Not to the point that I want to hand a 10lb weight from the right side of my steering wheel, but just enough to annoy me. I've read in a few places, and Fox even states on their site hxxp://www.foxracingshox.com/product.php?make=Jeep&t=shocks&m=truck&p=11&ref=fi lter that you can adjust all sorts of things: Adjustments:
Nitrogen pressure
Compression valving
Rebound valving

But they give no insight as to how. There is no shredder valve on this stabilizer. There is a teensy tiny hole, sorry, I can't photograph it, near the eyelet on the fat end of the shock, but I can't see what I can do with it.

Has anyone got any experience with the supposed possible adjustment to this model stabilizer?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ABQ_Dave
Well after clocking my stock stabilizer, even after relocating it with a Jeepswag relocation bracket, I went to replace it with the Fox stabilizer hxxp://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/fox-racing-shox-steering-stabilizer .
Now I'm dealing with something I feared, it's pushing, or pulling, depending upon your perspective, to the left. Not to the point that I want to hand a 10lb weight from the right side of my steering wheel, but just enough to annoy me. I've read in a few places, and Fox even states on their site hxxp://www.foxracingshox.com/product.php?make=Jeep&t=shocks&m=truck&p=11&ref=fi lter that you can adjust all sorts of things: Adjustments:
Nitrogen pressure
Compression valving
Rebound valving

But they give no insight as to how. There is no shredder valve on this stabilizer. There is a teensy tiny hole, sorry, I can't photograph it, near the eyelet on the fat end of the shock, but I can't see what I can do with it.

Has anyone got any experience with the supposed possible adjustment to this model stabilizer?

Thanks in advance.
I just Bought one, still in the box going to install tonight and I'll let you know if I get the same results
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing just happened to me. I finished my lift with new tierod and bought the relo bracket and tierod mount but stock stabilizer wouldn't work with tierod mount. Hole was too small on stock stabilizer and was unsuccessful reaming it out. I ordered the Fox and I ran without a stabilizer (and no alignment) for a week without issue. Then installed the Fox and I am pulling to the left. In my opinion, it has improved over the last 2 weeks since the install. Doesnt feel like it is pulling, but left hand turns seem easier than right hand turns. I am open to any ideas. Based on how it ran without a stabilizer, wish I had opted for a cheaper non-charged stabilizer.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine pulls slightly to the left. It's not that bothersome for me. Most of my vehicles have had some kind of quirk one way or another.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well it's been about 9 months since I installed mine and it's still pulling to the left with the about the same force as it always has. I guess over the time, I've gotten used to it. It's far more noticeable on the highway then local roads, not an issue at all offroad. I wish I had any idea how to relieve some pressure from it so it would not push so hard and create the left hand pull, but I still don't have any idea how.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, mine pulls since the day I've put mine in. I'm running about 35psi in mine. The shop that I bought mine from had the tool to take some pressure out of it. You may be able to buy the tool from Fox to do it yourself, but I'm not sure. I've heard of guys running less psi, but Fox told the shop that I'm using to not go below 35. The pull is annoying for sure.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out this link. Sounds like the fix to adjust the pressure. Pressure is set at 40psi but can be lowered to stop the pull.

http://synergysuspension.com/instruc...-Sheet-Web.pdf
Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think we should all just throw in a few $$$ to split cost and ship it around. Seems like we would only use it once to get it dialed in.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sadly Slupe, that neato little valve pressure adjustment doodad only works on stabilizers with schrader valves. Something the Fox 2.0 is not equipped with. Grrrrrrr.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the correction. Grrrrrr

Quick Reply: Fox 2.0 stabilizer, model 980-24-986 pulling to left