Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Found out my Jeep dealers policy on lifts!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found out my Jeep dealers policy on lifts!

hello.

getting ready to do a 3" lift on my two door jk and i've been worried about the whole warranty thing so i called the service department and the nice lady said that as long as any damage isn't directly linked to the lift then there is no problem as far as it voiding my factory warranty!

i feel somewhat relieved...

matthew
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Be careful! There is a thread on this forum about this, but to be honest the odds are against you on this.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask if that nice lady will put that in writing and see how you might not think she is so nice then.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Some dealers are mod friendly, others aren't. I would talk with the service manager
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Talk to your service rep.,we had the same problem with ours when the rear track bar bracket broke saying if was due to the oversize tireswhen in fact its been a manufacture defect for some time.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Food for thought:
To be fair with the stealership, we should look at this a little from their side. If you would manufacture an item and sell it to me, and I came back to you with that thing, heavyly modified and broken, would you accept that without question, specially if there is a relation as in "track bar and larger tires". So, try to make the stealer understand your side, but don't assume they'll give in easily!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Most are friendly if your Jeep remains a mall crawler. Soon as they see scratches and dents on the undercarriage it is usually a different story.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Junkie

Mine is no mall crawler, my evo skid plates are nicely decorated and when my transmission got replaced they were nice enough to remove the skid plates and put them back on without a word of mention

And both my bumpers have bog indents from rocks and things and they've just laughed about it

They seem pretty cool about mods , bigger tires etc
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If you radio stops working they can't blame your lift and tires... But if your transfercase blows up then they can say your lift and tires put added stress on it
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

I totally understand their point of view and recognize that I'll break something sooner or later that isn't their fault

Matthew

Quick Reply: Found out my Jeep dealers policy on lifts!