Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fortera Triple Tread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fortera Triple Tread

Anyone know anything about these tires? Everyone I talk to says they are great. I am
mostly looking for road comfort, don't go offroad that much. People say they track great and are not harsh over bumps due to tread compound. Anyone have an experience on them?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to sell Goodyear tires.

These are kind of expensive but last almost 50k miles. Very cushy but a stiff enough sidewall to prevent roll.

Not for the offroader.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

We have a set of them on our Toyota Corolla. As far as street tires go, they are awesome. After one of our snow storms this year, my wife drove right up our unplowed driveway. I had to put my JK in 4wd to get up it (I was running the craptacular GY Wrangler ST's). Back in February, we bought my wife a Grand Cherokee to be her daily driver, so I have started driving the Corolla for my 600 mile weekly commute. The tires have been absolutely flawless in heavy downpours we have had over the past month. They are expensive tires, but I am 100% satisfied with the traction and handling. If I had to nit-pick something, they are a little noisy. I don't notice it so much on paved blacktop, but it is noticable on poured concrete (like bridges and overpasses). Still, for a street vehicle, I would buy them again in a second.

If you are looking for a goot quiet A/T tire for your JK, I would seriously consider the Bridgestone Dueler REVO2. I had a set of the original REVO's on my old Isuzu and they were the best street tires I've ever had on a truck or SUV

EDIT: Can you even get the Triple Treads in a size suitable for the JK? The closest I've seen is the 235/65R17, and thats still only listed as a 29" tire

Last edited by OoPEZoO; 03-25-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Jedi

So the Forteras sound good for street driving which is what I am mainly concerned with. How was the ride quality over rough roads, potholes an such? My silent armors are very stiff.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Ahh....I made a mistake. We have the ASSURANCE Triple Treads on the Corolla. I didn't realize they also made the FORTERA Triple Treads for light trucks and SUVs. My bad

Quick Reply: Fortera Triple Tread