Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fortec lifts???

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by veretas
OP?
I just liek a bottom line. you know, like a "you need new.... and.... and if you dont want your rig to explode then you need..." thats it.
so that terreflex and the arms huh. So your saying the best way to maintain the life and love of my beepjeep is to get an entire susspension system for 2000$ and anything less will give me the look I want and perhaps the feel but could cause other problems soon, so to nip it in the butt, spend the money.?.
i'd spend the money and do it right the first time, but thats me.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Not trying to beat a dead horse. But what makes a coil lift the "wrong way" OR just "not the right way?" Thank you
Old 10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone hear anything about these? They are cheaper than some other products. Funny, I am worried they are crap merely for that fact, and that I never really hear about them. But they do have a spot in a neighboring city http://w ww.fortec4x4.com/home.php

My old dealership group's Jeep store (back in Roswell, GA), sold a LOT of package Jeeps with Fortec lifts. Everyone was very happy with their performance on and off the pavement. Sure, some people ended up buying bigger and better down the road, but they performed well. I know a lot of people who purchased and offroaded them.

I never personally took one offroad, I didn't want to get in trouble lol, but they drove very nicely on the road.

Last edited by Atl JK; 10-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Former Member

Not trying to beat a dead horse. But what makes a coil lift the "wrong way" OR just "not the right way?" Thank you
A coil lift, in itself, is almost the right way. However, to complete the package, fine tune the suspension, and have the best possible ride, you need to add on the arms, shocks, and track bars.

Check out the 3" Teraflex FlexArm kit or the Full Traction Premium 3" kit.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/products.php?cat=262
Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

premium, is non adjustable. while it'll get your pinion to the right angle. I would spend the extra $$$ for the ultimate with adjustable arms
Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just got my fortec lift a couple of days ago and it beats the hell out of my stock suspension i love it
Old 01-05-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the fortec stuff like shocks and springs are made by ProComp. And I know on a 4 door you don't need control arms. I am running a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift with 35" tires and I have to say it drives better than the factory set up.

I know you can find a lot better lifts for same price if not less than the Fortec lifts
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

What are you trying to accomplish? Looks only? Improved off-road capabilities? On-road ride and drive? Both? Everything?

Maybe you've described somewhere before, but there are loads of different setups and combinations and brands you could go with - both packages and mix & match - that until you figure out what you're trying to accomplish you're just going to go around in circle.

Believe, I know! The dizziness is just about gone! I finally settled on a TF 2.5" coil set up with shock adapters (arriving tomorrow?!). But I went crazy looking at different packages and combinations for several months first.

Quick Reply: Fortec lifts???