Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ford conversion in jk

Old 08-11-2020, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike H.
I'm a real sucker for the Ford Windsor 302... but I'd not put one in the 4500lb+ Jeep... at least not a stock block version.
Now, a Dart block, running 3.4stroke x 4.125bore (363cubes) with some ~200-220cc heads... that could be a real nice truck motor... albeit ~100lbs heavier than the 5.3, but making more power... and costing a boat ton more to do.
Wonder why no one was discussing the 6.4hemi... I mean, this thread is 6 years old, but hadn't the 6.4hemi already been in production at that point?
Why was no one discussing the 392 Hemi you ask? Simply because it was the 800lb gorilla in the room - the 392 flat out destroys the other engines (stock comparison, and after correcting some shortcomings from the crappy assembly plant in Mexico). Muahahaha!!!

Quick Reply: Ford conversion in jk