Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fog Lights in Rugged ridge bumper

Old 11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights in Rugged ridge bumper

I just installed the Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper and noticed when i turn on my foglights they do a great job of lighting up the neighbors roof, ie. they point up rather than more towards the ground as a foglight is supposed to do. Wondering if I put the fog lights in upside down (if that's possible) or whether they just don't sit right in this bumper. Hopefully someone can tell me if there is an up or down to these lights before i go take my whole bumper off. They do a great job of lighting up the tops of trees though if you're into nightime squirrel hunting
Old 11-24-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took notice of which way they were mounted in the stock bumper and installed them the same way in thr XHD. I know it might not help your situation however by installing them the same way I did not have any issues.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought I did as well, I know I put them on the right sides but now I'm wondering if maybe I put them in upside down.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

I recently installed my Rugged Ridge as well, yes in fact the fog lights can be put in upside down (as you did....and i did the first time). You need to put them in on the same side and orentation as they came off your bumper. If you still have issues you can actually adjust the up/down pointing by adjusting the spring tension screw on the back of the lights.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I have the same problem!

Search is a wonderful thing!

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never even considered they could go in backwards! I guess I got them right the first time. No problems!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

my jeep currently has an aftermarket bumper, ugly chrome tube bumper, and I bought the XHD modular system today. I am looking for fogs for it but what will I need for hardware to mount them? also, i've heard the delta kit mentioned, does anyone have a part number or a link?

Quick Reply: Fog Lights in Rugged ridge bumper