Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

fog light mounting brackets

Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog light mounting brackets

anyone here mount lights to there bumper bull bar, the diameter of mine is 1 3/4'' and i have only ben able to find 1 1/2, 2'' mounting brackets, has anyone found a solution, if not looks like welding some on is only way...thanks
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Have you thought about a 2 pc. shaft collar? Fastenal sells them. You drill a hole and then tap it. They work for hi-lift mounts also. They also come in s.s. but are pricy.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...l.ex?sku=34324
Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

not a bad idea, im hoping to have the lights set behind the bar a little so if i hit something the lights wil be protected like brush or for instance a guy slid into me on an ice road the other day he wasnt in 4wd and slid about 20feet until he hit my bar, id rather not have my lights stick out past the bar-thanks for the info tho
Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

You could get a pc of steel angle and cut pcs to bolt to the collars. Then bolt the lights to the angle. Still cheaper than anything you'll find from a vendor. Heck your could get them powder coated and still be cheaper than something from Quadratec.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

lol yah it would def be cheaper, quad. sells for 30$, wich isnt to bad if they actually had the size i needed. thanks again for this info not a bad idea

EDIT

i ended up getting these weld on tabs http://www.diy4x.com/images/panel_mount_tabs.jpg they should do the trick and there cheap

Last edited by usmc916; 02-11-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: fog light mounting brackets