Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fog Light Mounting

Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Mounting

Hey all, I have a question. I have searched the interwebz for the last 4 days looking for a way to mount the factory fog lights in a custom bumper. There is a guy here in Colorado Springs that makes bumpers and I wanted to keep the fog lights but he doesn't know how to mount them without me taking my bumper off for him to see how it mounts. Anyone know where I can find this or anyone have pictures of their stock bumpers off with clear shots of the mounting bracket on the back of the bumper. This is getting put on a 2013 JK Unlimited.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The factory fogs are just screwed in with 4 small screws into the plastic bumper. I am currently upgrading to aftermarket LED's so I have my factory fog lights laying in the garage right now.

I can take pictures later if you don't get any before that.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by woodyvw9
The factory fogs are just screwed in with 4 small screws into the plastic bumper. I am currently upgrading to aftermarket LED's so I have my factory fog lights laying in the garage right now.

I can take pictures later if you don't get any before that.
I appreciate it brother
Old 04-29-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not sure if you can tell from the pic, but I used PVC end caps. I took the factory fog lights out of the stock mount and used a dremel to smooth the various bumps and such off the light. Then, cut a hole in the back for the bulb to fit through. I got a 1/4" carriage bolt and drilled a hole in the bottom to use as a mounting point. Even with no horizontal aiming, they are right where they need to be, not blinding and not too low (I got lucky). After that I put a few drops of super glue on the light before I stuck it in the cap, taped the light off, and painted it flat black. I plan on getting driving lights in the near future, but kind of needed these to actually see at night. Very crude, but they work.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Here are some pictures of the fog lights out. You can see the plastic bracket and the mounting holes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00909.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	452490 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00910.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	452491 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00911.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	452492 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00912.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	452493

Let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited by woodyvw9; 04-29-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by woodyvw9
Here are some pictures of the fog lights out. You can see the plastic bracket and the mounting holes.

Attachment 452490 Attachment 452491 Attachment 452492 Attachment 452493

Let me know if you need anything else.
That should work, thanks brother
Old 04-30-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where at in the springs I'm up in Denver and needing a new bumper.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Green Monster
I'm not sure if you can tell from the pic, but I used PVC end caps. I took the factory fog lights out of the stock mount and used a dremel to smooth the various bumps and such off the light. Then, cut a hole in the back for the bulb to fit through. I got a 1/4" carriage bolt and drilled a hole in the bottom to use as a mounting point. Even with no horizontal aiming, they are right where they need to be, not blinding and not too low (I got lucky). After that I put a few drops of super glue on the light before I stuck it in the cap, taped the light off, and painted it flat black. I plan on getting driving lights in the near future, but kind of needed these to actually see at night. Very crude, but they work.

Wow nice job!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SOAZ JK
Wow nice job!
Thank you!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eclipse3319
Where at in the springs I'm up in Denver and needing a new bumper.
It's called offroad armor. It's actually in the Peyton area, right off of CH-94 just past Scriever AFB. He does his work out of his garage. His web address is offroadarmor.net and you can find him on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/offroadarmor

Quick Reply: Fog Light Mounting