Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FOA bumpstops

Old 02-09-2016, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOA bumpstops

Im in the market for some hydrolic bumpstops and i was wondering if i would need to weld these with the cans or if i could fit them in the standard bumpstop location. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

http://f-o-a.com/shop/f-o-a-2-0-inch...nting-can-kit/
Old 02-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

After doing some research it looks like you will have to weld the brackets on. My question is the diameter the same as the OEM bumpstop? If so there should be a way to fit them in the OEM location.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robbins84
Im in the market for some hydrolic bumpstops and i was wondering if i would need to weld these with the cans or if i could fit them in the standard bumpstop location. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

http://f-o-a.com/shop/f-o-a-2-0-inch...nting-can-kit/
I have them. Id say you have to weld them on somehow. The king ones that go by the factory ones are threaded if im not mistaken to make them work.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help looks like it is time to do more research.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

As of now Im pretty sure only Fox and King make a OEM type bumpstop for the JK. Its the threaded type that fits in the stock front bump location. At King of the Hammers this year King showed off there rear JK bump kit that used a weld on bracket but did not require frenching the frame. The Fox bumps are the same front and rear for the JK but the rear needs to be frenched in. They provide a can to do this. Not sure of your budget but you can almost buy bumps and cans and have them welded on for the price of the OEM type bumps. I have not used FOA's but im sure they work just as well as any of the other bumps, and it looks like they provide the cans to mount them also for 150 bucks. Thats a great deal, and the cost to have them welded on will be much cheaper than an OEM threaded type.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run the ICON kit in the front. It is like the King setup. I plan on running the EVO or Synergy can in the back with ICON bumps but I did look into FOA at one point. I went with ICON coilovers so I kept everything the same.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

FOA does not have the best rep in the market for their shocks and bump stops. They are cheaper but tend to have a much higher rate of leakage from cheap seals and less tolerances in the build quality. Profender also has a threaded body bump stop.

Quick Reply: FOA bumpstops