Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flowmaster Muffler

Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Muffler

So after all my research I've decided to just go with the flowmaster super 40 muffler. But after looking through the forum I can't figure out which one to get... Multiple people have asked but i haven't found an answer yet. Flowmaster's site doesn't have the '07 wrangler listed and I even called them and they still couldn't tell me...

From what I have read it seems that I should get the 2.5 in/out but then flowmaster offers 5 different ones, can anyone please tell me which one to use???

Product # 952545

Product # 952546

Product # 952547

Product # 952548

Product # 952549
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

I would use the 952549 and mount it inside the fram rail.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

We have another option if you are interested...here is a pic of our relocation system...

This system is fully mandrel bent, direct fit, bolt on cat-back. Installation is very simple and does not require cutting or welding. Most people can do the install themselves with some basic tools.

Let me know if you would like more info.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
We have another option if you are interested...here is a pic of our relocation system...

This system is fully mandrel bent, direct fit, bolt on cat-back. Installation is very simple and does not require cutting or welding. Most people can do the install themselves with some basic tools.

Do you have any sound clips or video's of your exhaust?? Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Any performence increase with this?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah definitely post some info, i'm not too concerned with performance, really just want a nice low sound, am definitely scared of having a ricer sound with this 3.8 which is why I think i'm goin with the super 40 flowmaster.

Cost is also a factor, seems kind of worthless to spend $500 plus for a cat back system when I can just get a muffler installed that gives me the sound i want for under $200
Old 02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by freshjk
Do you have any sound clips or video's of your exhaust?? Thanks
This is an earlier video but it gives you a great idea of what our muffler design sounds like on the JK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0th1aiaNXi4

The relocation system uses the same muffler, we just move it into the extension pipe location and run a turn down tail pipe. The sound is almost identical.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running the second one on the list. The ofset front ligns right up with the existing pipe, and the centered outlet works well to route a tailpipe from. I ended mine just before the rear axle. Get a heat shield for the muffler. My floorbaord gets hot when the engine is under a load.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would this work with the evo-lever? Can't tell if it would thread through with out any interference or not. Looks like it runs similar to the Rancho kit.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm using the second one from the top....offset inlet/center outlet. mine is turned upside down to give the pipe more room to bend into the muffler...

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Muffler